5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Limited with no CD player?

Seaeco

Reaction score
Hello All, I purchased my 2020 1500 Limited Ecodiesel at the end of December 2019 and didn't realize until driving home that there was no cd player. Does anyone know if the 2019 CD player (DT) will fit and work with our 2020 trucks? I found this part number 683355658AB as a possible match. Thanks.

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
Hello All, I purchased my 2020 1500 Limited Ecodiesel at the end of December 2019 and didn't realize until driving home that there was no cd player. Does anyone know if the 2019 CD player (DT) will fit and work with our 2020 trucks? I found this part number 683355658AB as a possible match. Thanks.
I think the cd player comes with the level 2 equipment group. Im not sure about if it will swap right in or not though so im no help there

R

Rob5589

My 19 didn't come with one either. It is an option with some packages.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would think the wiring harness behind the console would have the connections for the CD player. Getting it added via a dealer flash may be the defining issue as to you installing it.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In 2019, the CD player, as Rob5589 said, was an option with some packages. With 2020, I believe it is not available at all. I haven't heard of anybody adding it to their Ram. It probably could be installed but I'm not sure the sales code, like Goatmann said, could be added by a dealer since it is not a 2020 item. Without the sales code it would not show up in your Uconnect screen to identify the CD player.

Firebird

Reaction score
My Bighorn has one and I haven't used it even once

Donaldo

Reaction score
My Bighorn has one and I haven't used it even once

Try engaging the emergency break to see if it also doubles as a DVD player. Almost all modern cars with a factory installed CD place also acts as DVD player for the front LCD screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seaeco

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies and does anyone know if the cd player and interface will work with the limited level 1 group for the 2020's ? I've talked with several dealers and none of them know.

I won't use the cd player often, but want to be able to for certain music and recordings.

The_Dude

Reaction score
You can buy the CD player on Mopar accessories. I don't see why you can't have the dealer add this; unless they won't for the reasons above.

Douglas31

Reaction score
I’ve been wanting to add it to my 2020 Limited. I guess the biggest question is if the harness is there to be able to add it.

TatoAlto27

Reaction score
Try engaging the emergency break to see if it also doubles as a DVD player. Almost all modern cars with a factory installed CD place also acts as DVD player for the front LCD screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately I tried this with mine and it definitely does not work. It would be nice to watch a movie on this massive screen.

Danny_TheHouseCook

Reaction score
Unfortunately I tried this with mine and it definitely does not work. It would be nice to watch a movie on this massive screen.
"Does not work" as in you bought the CD player and tried to hook it up to your 12 inch UConnect system?

TatoAlto27

Reaction score
"Does not work" as in you bought the CD player and tried to hook it up to your 12 inch UConnect system?
No, mine came equipped w/ the CD player. I tried to watch a DVD also video files and no luck my previous truck was capable of this as well as my Jeep GC.

Danny_TheHouseCook

Reaction score
No, mine came equipped w/ the CD player. I tried to watch a DVD also video files and no luck my previous truck was capable of this as well as my Jeep GC.
Oh, you have a 2019 model w/CD player. I was hoping I could install a CD player (for wife) in my 2020 truck (if they ever start building it).

DHOLMQ

Reaction score
I have a 2020 limited and couldn’t find the pigtail connector today. It was so easy to pull back the console. I am curious if other 2020 Limited owners have the pigtail connector for the CD player in the console area.

bvigne01

Reaction score
I have a 2020 longhorn with the upgraded screen and HK speakers. It didn’t come with a CD Player. I just noticed this. I don’t really use CD anyway so don’t really care. All my music is on my phone

Users who are viewing this thread