5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Limited w/AirRide

Johnnyd75

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am purchasing some 4play 20x10 -18 offset. Curious if anyone has went from stock 22” rims down to this size. I currently have the 22” with 33”12.50 R22 AT3’s. I’m assuming 35” will fit without any issues. Can anyone tell me about or show set ups?
I have front leveled with RC brackets and Daystar spacers.

Attachments

• BE7C6B2B-6C09-4EFF-AE15-C642E4AEE5BE.jpeg
    BE7C6B2B-6C09-4EFF-AE15-C642E4AEE5BE.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 58

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think 35s are going to fit with no issue on that offset unless you go into off-road 1 every time you turn the wheel 2/3 to lock.

Johnnyd75

Reaction score
I don’t think 35s are going to fit with no issue on that offset unless you go into off-road 1 every time you turn the wheel 2/3 to lock.
Well that might suck, seeing as how I just pulled the trigger today lol. Thank you.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well that might suck, seeing as how I just pulled the trigger today lol. Thank you.
Don’t get upset yet, you could be fine with some heating of fenderwell liners and getting rid of the stock front mudflap things. Case in point: I had a ‘21 hemi Laramie with the same amount of lift and the same wheels and tires that I have on my ‘22 laramie. I had no rubbing on the ‘21, but significant rubbing on the ‘22 at the same hub to fender height on the front. Tell me how the f*** that makes any sense.

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
I have similar setup. Front level with Daystar and links. Running 20x10 -18 wheels. If you want absolutely zero rub without further modification you'll need to go 33. Maybe 33.5.

I'm running 295/60r20 tires which is about 34. It rubs a bit in reverse. I heated the front of the wheel well liners and molded them out of the way and it no longer rubs. I did not need to trim the metal tab in the back of the wheel well that secures the front factory mud flap. However it is super close, any larger tire and that definitely needs to be grinded off.

Johnnyd75

Reaction score
Don’t get upset yet, you could be fine with some heating of fenderwell liners and getting rid of the stock front mudflap things. Case in point: I had a ‘21 hemi Laramie with the same amount of lift and the same wheels and tires that I have on my ‘22 laramie. I had no rubbing on the ‘21, but significant rubbing on the ‘22 at the same hub to fender height on the front. Tell me how the f*** that makes any sense.
Yeah I’ve heated and cut a little with the 33’s on 22’s.
I figured dropping 2” on the rim and going from 33’s to 35’s would make up the difference but we will see. I appreciate the response.

Johnnyd75

Reaction score
I have similar setup. Front level with Daystar and links. Running 20x10 -18 wheels. If you want absolutely zero rub without further modification you'll need to go 33. Maybe 33.5.

I'm running 295/60r20 tires which is about 34. It rubs a bit in reverse. I heated the front of the wheel well liners and molded them out of the way and it no longer rubs. I did not need to trim the metal tab in the back of the wheel well that secures the front factory mud flap. However it is super close, any larger tire and that definitely needs to be grinded off.
Thank you

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
Yeah I’ve heated and cut a little with the 33’s on 22’s.
I figured dropping 2” on the rim and going from 33’s to 35’s would make up the difference but we will see. I appreciate the response.
Changing your rim size will not make any difference in clearance, just changing tire size. Also going to a negative offset or increasing run with decreases your clearance as well.

If you're already rubbing on 33s with stock wheels you're going to need more lift to clear what you're trying to do. Use shorten your front links. If you already have the Daystar spacer and you're rubbing on 33s with stock wheels there's definitely an adjustment issue on the links

Users who are viewing this thread