5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Limited w Air Ride...rough ride

2020RamDoc

Reaction score
Hey All,

Had a 2019 Limited and she road soft and smooth. I had Continental Terrain Contact ATs on it. I got a 2020 Limited, same truck, but this one has the stock Goodyear Eagle Touring. I feel like this truck hops over road creases, and is very sharp on pot holes. I had it in to check suspension as it rides rough/stiff compared to my 19. They tightened a few things to get rid of a noise in the right side but said air shocks looked fine.

Could the tires make that much difference? Ho could I tell if an air bag is bad?
Thanks!

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only if one is a "P" rated tire and the other is a LT. Dealers will lower the tire pressure to soften the ride. You could try that, but the tire ware might suffer.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tires certainly can make a difference. Nothing else should be a factor because parts haven't changed. Make sure the air pressure is good, but that's about all you can do other than swapping tires and hoping your memory isn't deceiving you. I think my truck rides great. Yes, it is a little firm over some sharper bumps, but it feels controlled, certainly not uncomfortable. I've had many luxury vehicles, and these RAMs are excellent in terms of ride quality. Small road imperfections go basically unnoticed and unheard which is the biggest advantage IMO.

baf3472

Reaction score
Hey All,

Had a 2019 Limited and she road soft and smooth. I had Continental Terrain Contact ATs on it. I got a 2020 Limited, same truck, but this one has the stock Goodyear Eagle Touring. I feel like this truck hops over road creases, and is very sharp on pot holes. I had it in to check suspension as it rides rough/stiff compared to my 19. They tightened a few things to get rid of a noise in the right side but said air shocks looked fine.

Could the tires make that much difference? Ho could I tell if an air bag is bad?
Thanks!
Did you ever figure out what the problem was? I’m running into the same thing. I bought a 21 limited in December and was never happy with the color and some of the options. However, it drove amazing. I never felt any small bumps or imperfections in the road. Called my dealer and they were willing to work with me and got me into another 21 limited without me taking too big of a hit. I noticed immediately that the ride was much harsher in this new truck. The only difference between the 2 was the first one had Goodyear fortera tires and the new one has Goodyear eagle touring tires. I didn’t think tires would make that much of a difference but maybe they do?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread