5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 limited P0DAF code

Reaction score
Long story short, truck is a 2020 limited with the etorque hemi. Check engine light came on last night and thought it was due to putting the S&B cold air on... Pulled the single check engine code and it was the P0DAF leading me to think problems with the 48v charging system.

Earlier this winter my main battery went bad in the truck which I replaced. Wondering if I should clear the code and see if it comes back or call the dealer now for a service appointment. So far no issues with battery voltage.

Nivloc11911

Reaction score
Have you found the solution to this code? my 2019 Bighorn etorque just popped this P0DAF code out of no where. Same issue too, I replaced the battery in march due to another code that came on in regards to the traction control and transmission. I dont know what do about this one though. Seems like it cant be the main battery again, unless its just no good

Reaction score
Have you found the solution to this code? my 2019 Bighorn etorque just popped this P0DAF code out of no where. Same issue too, I replaced the battery in march due to another code that came on in regards to the traction control and transmission. I dont know what do about this one though. Seems like it cant be the main battery again, unless its just no good
Haven't had a chance to drop my truck off to the dealer yet (wife's car is getting a warranty transmission) but I had the code pop up again twice about 2 weeks apart and low voltage once.

Starting to believe the main hybrid battery pack is going bad from I read around other sources and it takes a couple days of testing for the dealership to test it out.

Nivloc11911

Reaction score
Haven't had a chance to drop my truck off to the dealer yet (wife's car is getting a warranty transmission) but I had the code pop up again twice about 2 weeks apart and low voltage once.

Starting to believe the main hybrid battery pack is going bad from I read around other sources and it takes a couple days of testing for the dealership to test it out.

Yea theres not much info on it out there. Have you had any driving issues with the light on the past few months? How many miles would you say? Im concerned because I have a long road trip coming at the end of the month. When you reset how long will it stay off? It seems like mine will be off for about a day and then come on with the same code. I was thinking maybe try to exchange the main battery first. Ironic that we are both having the same issue shortly after replacing the main battery

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of the trouble you’re experiencing! If you decide to address this concern with your certified Ram dealer, please feel free to send us a private message. We would be happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Callie
Ram Cares

Reaction score
Yea theres not much info on it out there. Have you had any driving issues with the light on the past few months? How many miles would you say? Im concerned because I have a long road trip coming at the end of the month. When you reset how long will it stay off? It seems like mine will be off for about a day and then come on with the same code. I was thinking maybe try to exchange the main battery first. Ironic that we are both having the same issue shortly after replacing the main battery
No drivability issues, actually drove my truck from Indiana to Colorado and back a couple weeks after it first came on. If my voltage is low on start up it goes right back to 14.3v fairly quick.

Just want to get the hybrid battery issue figured out before I'm out of warranty. Only reason I replaced my original battery was it wouldn't take a charge.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most likely a battery pack. Code diag is clear it, does it come back? yes replace battery pack. There may be an update they will do 1st.

Nivloc11911

Reaction score
Has this issue returned? Battery light just started coming on then going off for a couple days only in the morning. Just started it up and was driving when the check engine light came on again with the same p0daf code. It had been fine since July. Voltage goes to 13.8-13.9 now.

daigua

Reaction score
Having this issue pop up on my V6 etorque, any soultion that you had found?

RamCares

Reaction score
Hey there,

If you decide to work with a local dealership regarding this concern, please reach out. We'd be happy to assist you, and we're available via direct messaging.

Callie
Ram Cares

Reaction score
Ever since I replaced the factory 12v battery I haven't had any issues. I know for the 19-20s there's a history of bad Mopar batteries only lasting a couple years. Haven't had the code return since last summer.

daigua

Reaction score
Originally had one of those short lived factory batteries, installed a new battery a year ago and no problems until recently with the P0DAF. Truck has been at the shop for over a week now, currently under going testing to see if the 48V battery can be replaced per the 8 year / 80k miles emissions warranty.

Briencrotty

Reaction score
Hey there Daigua, were you successful getting the 48v battery replaced under the emissions warranty? I just started having that same code pop up.

Thanks,

B

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I just had this code pop up this weekend and then cleared it and came back today. No operational issues other then my battery voltage getting low when the truck was stopped at a red light with the engine off due to the start stop.

Last edited:

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Anyone else had any issue with this P0DAF code. I have an appointment at the dealer for it next week now as I cleared it and it came right back. Battery voltage drops down to barely over 11 then goes right back up to 14.2-4 a few seconds later sporadically. It definitely seems like something isn’t working right with the etorque system/battery to me. Truck still drives the same and starts right up even with the drop in temps we are experiencing this week.

Users who are viewing this thread