5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 limited headlights (DRL)!! Help

2020blckout

Reaction score
Has anyone was able to find a way to make the accent lights ( lights around the bezel )
Brighter!! They are super dim and that bothers me !
Please if someone already find a way to fix this or change the voltage lmk !

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone was able to find a way to make the accent lights ( lights around the bezel )
Brighter!! They are super dim and that bothers me !
Please if someone already find a way to fix this or change the voltage lmk !
This has been discussed on old threads. I believe the consensus is that the lens diffuser is the real problem. According to those that have done some testing, making the existing lights brighter won’t make a noticeable difference. You’d have to modify the housing.

Also, they wouldn’t legally be allowed to remain on with turn signals if they were brighter, which is why Ram designed them this way, but that’s another topic ;)

badgett28

Reaction score
This has been discussed on old threads. I believe the consensus is that the lens diffuser is the real problem. According to those that have done some testing, making the existing lights brighter won’t make a noticeable difference. You’d have to modify the housing.

Also, they wouldn’t legally be allowed to remain on with turn signals if they were brighter, which is why Ram designed them this way, but that’s another topic ;)
I’ve heard this too about them not being legally allowed to remain on..but how come the new Ford F-150s or super duties have much brighter LED accent/DRL lights and don’t have a switch back?

Users who are viewing this thread