5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Limited Black Appearance Group

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This afternoon I got better results but still not a freezer. It’s 92 degrees right now. But no complaints yet. I’m getting 3m Crystalline installed on all glass this week hopefully. That should help it cool down more rapidly.
c41fec3a641dbe44b24fdecd03b7cd69.jpg
e9c12768c737f326464b847d9a4ad656.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Loving my crystalline, I believe you’ll see a difference.

DrAudio

Reaction score
Loving my crystalline, I believe you’ll see a difference.

Glad to hear that! I’m doing the windshield with 70 percent and not sure what level I’ll do on the panoramic roof glass. Dropping the truck off tomorrow so I need to decide. I want heat rejection first and foremost but I don’t want too dark to lose the great open feel that the pano provides.

Did you do windshield or pano (if you have the pano)?

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad to hear that! I’m doing the windshield with 70 percent and not sure what level I’ll do on the panoramic roof glass. Dropping the truck off tomorrow so I need to decide. I want heat rejection first and foremost but I don’t want too dark to lose the great open feel that the pano provides.

Did you do windshield or pano (if you have the pano)?

Just the windshield, no pano on mine which I’m okay with. Also did 15% on the fronts to match the rears.

agjr85

Reaction score
Sucks they didn't offer this for 2019.
Some people did it before FCA released it. Just nice you can pick it up from the dealer now.

clam

Reaction score
Great looking truck! I think I like the looks of the Black Appearance on the Limited more than the Laramie. The blacked out grill and projectors look mean!

DrAudio

Reaction score
Great looking truck! I think I like the looks of the Black Appearance on the Limited more than the Laramie. The blacked out grill and projectors look mean!

It’s sport hood also that adds to the mean look! Can’t get it that way otherwise on a limited unless you buy a hood and have it painted. That’s a hassle and expensive. I added an AEV vented hood for my Rubicon and had it painted. Pricey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DrAudio

Reaction score
Added 3M Crystalline window film to all glass including the windshield and pano roof glass. Can tell a big difference in heat rejection and happy so far, but expensive.
40 % front windows and 70% on windshield, pano and all the factory tinted glass. Wanted heat rejection without being too dark. If I had gone much darker over factory tint I think the windshield would appear super dark and risk getting pulled over for it. Hopefully I won’t have too much issue. I wanted the front windows lighter than the factory rears to divert attention from the windshield. Also didn’t want the pano glass much darker because I love how much it makes the interior feel bigger when the shade is open.
3af5b9da0954f7aff2701abff879f2e7.jpg

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
May I ask the payload number for this config truck? Thanks.
Yeah I'd love to get the payload numbers on this. I am towing a trailer and every pound helps! I noticed there were a few options I wouldn't have wanted with the black appearance, such as the harman kardon system, etc.

DrAudio

Reaction score
Yeah I'd love to get the payload numbers on this. I am towing a trailer and every pound helps! I noticed there were a few options I wouldn't have wanted with the black appearance, such as the harman kardon system, etc.

I’ll check tomorrow. Have you heard the Harlan Kardon after the radio flash that improved the amp output? Night and day difference from when I test drove a couple 2019’s when they came out! I’m very pleased with the system sound quality.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Did you ever get those black lug nuts? If so, part# and cost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online