5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 lifts different than 2019?

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
Trading my 19 for a 20 today. It looks like the 20s can't use the same kits as 19s? Although RC seems to work. Ive ready thru a lot of posts but not seeing anything conclusive.

Stevenc150

Reaction score
I found the problem is most websites havent updated to show 2020 models. This is off Mopar's website... '19 & '20 are the same

20200430_172615.jpg

jbsbama

Reaction score
Trading my 19 for a 20 today. It looks like the 20s can't use the same kits as 19s? Although RC seems to work. Ive ready thru a lot of posts but not seeing anything conclusive.
According to a post on a social media BDS press release they're working on resolving some issues before approving the 4” air ride lift for 2020. On the other hand, a rep told me over the phone that they don’t even have a 2020 Ram on hand to test fit the 2020 yet. Meanwhile I get a social media canned response to my question stating we’re working on it and it’s coming soon. So in other words, nobody even at BDS knows. The 2019 kits came out an entire year after the models hit the lots. Very frustrating...

Last edited:

jbsbama

Reaction score
Update...they replied to my post and stated "Yes we have kits almost finished. FCA changed the crossmember widths by 3/8" per side so we have to make some changes to our cross members. As soon as kits are ready we will have announcements on our social media pages and websites."

They wouldn't really give me anymore than that info when I asked about timing. I'm assuming "...we have kits almost finished" means they are wrapping up the manufacturing of the cross member parts maybe? They did say "It won't be too long." So hopefully within the next few weeks or a month or two.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you're just looking at spacers they fit from previous years. I've got Motofab spacers on mine. Went in no problems.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update...they replied to my post and stated "Yes we have kits almost finished. FCA changed the crossmember widths by 3/8" per side so we have to make some changes to our cross members. As soon as kits are ready we will have announcements on our social media pages and websites."

They wouldn't really give me anymore than that info when I asked about timing. I'm assuming "...we have kits almost finished" means they are wrapping up the manufacturing of the cross member parts maybe? They did say "It won't be too long." So hopefully within the next few weeks or a month or two.

I find this hard to believe, and assuming it’s true, why would they do this is the better question? All that time into developing the 5th gen truck and already messing with the chassis?

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
Zone told me on the phone today that the cross member is different for the 20s and that they were about done with new kit development when covid stuff hit. He specifically said 19 kits won't work.

Then I talked to a tech at American truck who claims they tested the 19 zone kits on a 20 and worked fine.

I don't know wtf anyone is supposed to do when answers are all over the place. . I went thru this aggravation when I bought my 19 back in 18...no one having kits and aftermarket stuff in general for such a long time. I should have researched before upgrading i guess.

MarkB67

Reaction score
There’s no difference in the arms from 2013 on , maybe earlier than that, I have a thread on here comparing the similarities between a 14 and the new ones that come in the Mopar kit, only difference in them are increased ball joint travel

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
There’s no difference in the arms from 2013 on , maybe earlier than that, I have a thread on here comparing the similarities between a 14 and the new ones that come in the Mopar kit, only difference in them are increased ball joint travel
The difference, according to BDS and Zone, is the cross member lengths.

jbsbama

Reaction score
Here is a different post BDS replied to. I also had Custom Offsets contact BDS to see if they could get more detailed information and BDS told them that they were working on changes due to the crossmember width change but were delayed due to COVID-19 of course. My conclusion is that this 2020 kit will be available sometime in the fall. I went ahead and ordered 285/50R22 tires instead of the 35/12.50R22 I was wanting since I know they will fit until I this kit is available.
  1. Carter @ BDS Suspension February 4, 2020 at 5:02 pm | Permalink | Reply
    Hey Heath, no 2020 kits quite yet. Our 2019 RAM 1500 4WD kits have not been approved for use on the 2020 models and there are some minor revisions that are being addressed. As soon as 2020-compatible kits are on the shelf ready for sale we’ll be sending out announcements and adding them to our website
    1. Jacob

Jacob April 30, 2020 at 3:26 pm | Permalink | Reply
      Any updates on progress to approve this kit for 2020 models with air suspension? Some of your competitors have kits available now for the 2020. 2021 models are coming soon!
      1. Carter @ BDS Suspension

Carter @ BDS Suspension May 4, 2020 at 1:47 pm | Permalink | Reply
        Hey Jacob, similar to my response on your other message while we don’t expect any changes, at this time the 2019 RAM 1500 Air Ride kits haven’t been tested to confirm compatible on the 2020 models. Its on the list of vehicles they plan to bring in soon though. Stay tuned for updates
LEAVE A REPLY

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
My shop received my 6 inch bds lift today. Conversations with them and the shop was that some modifications would be needed to fit the 2020s. I am not sure if they shipped an updated 2020 kit, but will post up real info after the install early next week.

Users who are viewing this thread