5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Laramie - TPMS for travel trailer?

peeceejay

Reaction score
I can't find a clear answer in searching. I have a 2020 Laramie without the tow package (but it does have the 3:92 rear, trailer brake controller). Does my truck support extra TPMS sensors for my travel trailer?

From what I'm understanding, it's something I probably don't have, but the 2021 now does in it's two package? Am I understanding the packages correctly?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't find a clear answer in searching. I have a 2020 Laramie without the tow package (but it does have the 3:92 rear, trailer brake controller). Does my truck support extra TPMS sensors for my travel trailer?

From what I'm understanding, it's something I probably don't have, but the 2021 now does in it's two package? Am I understanding the packages correctly?

No you don’t have it. Yes it’s included in the ‘21 tow package (1500), it’s a separate option on 2500

Might be able to flash a software update but you’d also need to add the TPMS signal receiver box that’s near the rear bumper

pcar

Reaction score
No you don’t have it. Yes it’s included in the ‘21 tow package (1500), it’s a separate option on 2500

Might be able to flash a software update but you’d also need to add the TPMS signal receiver box that’s near the rear bumper
WHere does this box plug in near the bumper,, i've taken a peek up there but dont see any plugs on the trailer harness assembly.

peeceejay

Reaction score

Thanks - thats what I was figuring.

When I bought my 1500, I skipped the tow package in favor of the 360 camera, but I have use cases for both. Was a little annoyed you can now get both on the 2021 - but, what are you gonna do :)

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No flash for the 20...wiring harness for 21 also slightly different.
I use the Dill Trailer TPMS, excellent system. I think it’s the best because it uses internal OEM style sensors.

Soon after I get a trailer, off come the cheap Chinese tires and on go Goodyear Endurance - and TPMS along with.

Users who are viewing this thread