5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Laramie Tailgate Camera

DUBB5225

Reaction score
I have tried several times to contact a technician to ask why the screen shows the control panel whilst in reverse to no avail. Does anyone know how to change it back to full screen when in reverse?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
You have the 12" radio i assume...
You can't. It's 1/2 screen only.

DUBB5225

Reaction score
Yes, its the 12 inch screen which showed a full view upon initial use but at some point started showing the controls underneath now

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, its the 12 inch screen which showed a full view upon initial use but at some point started showing the controls underneath now
:oops:

I'm pretty sure there's no way to have a full screen backup camera...
It's half controls and half BC + 360 view.

nashmax73

Reaction score
I have scoured the interwebs looking for another person with this issue! I have a 2020 1500 with the 12" screen. When I purchased in mid-October, the backup camera consumed the full 12" screen. At some point in December, it suddenly changed. Now when you throw it in reverse, half the 12" screen is consumed by the CONTROLS panel. Seriously, who puts their truck in REVERSE and starts fooling with the CONTROLS for heated seats?! I strongly believe Ram pushed out an update without notifying anyone, which caused this change. I've called the UCONNECT main line, who claimed ignorance. I made a service appointment at my dealership, who looked at it and said "all 1500s with 12 inch screen are like this" which further assures me it was an over-the-air software update. Am not pleased, but needed to know others have noticed this. Am guessing it's their backhanded way of pushing the "surround view" option/upgrade on new Ram sales. We need to voice our displeasure with their home office.

Users who are viewing this thread