5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Laramie Ram monitoring ?

Lungs414

Reaction score
Have had this vehicle since new 10/19. Somehow Ram is monitoring my truck. I don't remember signing up for this, but I guess I might have. All of a sudden for the last 2 months I get an email from [email protected] showing "vehicle health report". It shows my vin number mileage and vehicle health details, services required, owner accounts and servicing dealer.
I went into the owners account section looking for a way to opt out of this and couldn't find a way to opt out. I think chatted with a rep who said he didn't know how.
I am not comfortable with this and was looking for anyone with info on how to stop it.

Seems weird to me that they can do this, and have my info. What happens if I sell the truck? I want them to stop monitoring thisASAP.

Thanks for any help
Rich

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
All that info was put in when you bought the truck. You gave them your email, phone number, and address.

It would have been in one of the packets you were given.

You can download an app on your phone and see everything as well, and remote start your truck from it if you have that option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
I've only owned my truck a month. I got an email the day it was delivered and an email a few days ago. I assumed that was the norm. A bit creepy, but I realize I have a connected vehicle that basically works like my cell phone.

Lungs414

Reaction score
I know my vehicle is being monitored. I WANT IT STOP. They cant figure it out. Thats what's got me irritated. Like I said I haven't received an email in years and now all of sudden 2 in consecutive months. Makes no sense they cant stop it.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You aren't going to get away from this with any new vehicle. All manufacturers are monitoring telematics to some extent on new cars. You can opt out of receiving the reports, but Stellantis will always be getting information on your vehicle.

Lungs414

Reaction score
LOL SMH...
Still doesn't explain why I only got updates for the last 2 months.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
LOL SMH...

First time owning a modern vehicle? Lol.

Seriously, if you don’t want them monitoring your truck, you have to unplug the antenna.

Last edited:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Have had this vehicle since new 10/19. Somehow Ram is monitoring my truck. I don't remember signing up for this, but I guess I might have. All of a sudden for the last 2 months I get an email from [email protected] showing "vehicle health report". It shows my vin number mileage and vehicle health details, services required, owner accounts and servicing dealer.
I went into the owners account section looking for a way to opt out of this and couldn't find a way to opt out. I think chatted with a rep who said he didn't know how.
I am not comfortable with this and was looking for anyone with info on how to stop it.

Seems weird to me that they can do this, and have my info. What happens if I sell the truck? I want them to stop monitoring thisASAP.

Thanks for any help
Rich
read my thread here

free for six months

Nels

Reaction score
Good luck getting it turned off. I still get email reports from Onstar for a 2017 chevy truck that I traded in 2019, and also on the Jeep Grand Cherokee that I traded for my Ram in 2020. One would think email addresses would get updated to a new owner at some point?

Lungs414

Reaction score
First time owning a modern vehicle? Lol.

Seriously, if you don’t want them monitoring your truck, you have to unplug the antenna.

My other vehicle is probably the most connected one out there. A Tesla. For some reason that doesn't bother me. Love the connect ability on it because it really allows me to do a lot with it through the app. It was weird to me that I didn't get an update/email for over 2 years then all of a sudden 2 months in a row, with useless info.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
LOL SMH...
Ram released an OTA firmware update two months ago for the 12.1" display. After mine updated I started getting the emails as well. That function was "broken" before on my 2020. Just like my Travelink weather radar never worked until I manually updated my radio to a newer firmware, even though Uconnect said my radio didn't need an update.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
So you own a Tesla but are freaked out about ram monitoring your truck??

It was probably just a glitch in their system that you just now got their email.

I also still get emails about my Silverado I haven’t owned for almost a year.

U

User_3336

Connected Services Changed for Model year 22.. The website changed to

as well as the app.

Previous year models were controlled thru the MOPAR or UCONNECT websites.

AT&T is still the "connected" provider.

U

User_3336

Here's mine.

Vehicle Performance
Expiring on 3/9/2027
Monthly Vehicle Health Report, Vehicle Health Alert, Remote Software Updates

Assistance
Expiring on 9/9/2022
Remote Vehicle Operations, Drive Alerts

Safety & Security
Expiring on 3/9/2032