5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Laramie 4x4 ,5.7

Florida Ranger

Reaction score
Does anybody turn off Traction Control & ESC when you go off road in 4x4 mode ? Because doing this will give you true 4x4 (all 4 wheels will pull).

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can turn off the traction control but, as far as I know, the only way to reduce the stability control is by pulling a fuse.
I'm not sure if the off road group has additional abilities beyond turning just traction control off...I remember reading something about it before but I don't have the off road group so I didn't store it in permanent memory.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Florida Ranger

Reaction score
Push traction control 1 time to turn it off. Then hold traction control button down for approx 5 seconds or until message appears on dash, it will say ESC is off.to un-procedure turn traction control back on.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ah, I misread... Doing that enables you to really get wheel speed instead of the truck trying to search for grip. In certain off-road situations that is certainly more advantageous.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

SpartyDan

Reaction score
I put mine into 4 wheel "low" and it automatically turned off the traction control. No way to know for sure but it sure felt like all four wheels were spinning. Took a parking lot to get turned around, and could only do about 30 mph.

2020 RAM 1500 Laramie CC 4x4 5.7L, 3.92

Users who are viewing this thread