5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 EcoDiesel 3.0 Oil Recommendations

tom318

Reaction score
And this is why I switched to Quaker oil with the MS-12991 labeled on the container. Still in warranty. Actually, I am more worried about the fuel pump going 🔥 than anything else.
That's the oil I've been running for the last 2yrs. I now to am getting worried about the fuel pump. I have almost 86k miles, never put a drop of any additive in and today (Friday 13th....) I got a CEL P026C. In my opinion the truck hasn't been 100% for the last 2 months but with no CEL or notable issues there isn't anything to troubleshoot. The strange thing is that since the light came on this morning I've driven ~130miles and the truck has driven better than it has the last 2 months. I've struggled to get anything near 25mpg and on that 130mile drive I did 28mpg. I just returned from a 1500mile trip on Monday and I averaged 23mpg with 4 bikes above the bed and a good amount of gear/kids in the truck.
If I had to theorize, its as if small metal shavings are occasionally disrupting the fuel injectors and sometimes they are clean (good fuel economy) and sometimes they aren't. Ill review the freeze frame data later and see what the fuel rail pressure was at the time it triggered (not that I know what it should be).

BigRedTD

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread