5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ceramic Grey Built To Serve

fishinfreak68

Reaction score
Unfortunately I hit the curb kinda hard making a U-Turn and I'm sick to my stomach. Anyone know who makes these wheels? Dealer wants $450 for a new one. I'll pay that if I have to. But maybe I can find it for less?
0112405765cc2852749e3c20a6442675.jpg
fc2ac66035bda5af09fb170b0de194f9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I mean to be fair, it doesn't look that bad. I'd keep it where its at for now or see if someone can repair it. $450 doesn't justify that, especially for something so minor or that may be damaged again the future. Curbing is extremely common and I know I had 1 or 2 cases of it on my Mercedes and it makes me feel sick; however, I know for a fact my mother will just do the same thing to it or a brand new vehicle and not care anyways. My point is, wait till its really noticeable to replace it, or just see if someone can repair that rash; those wheels can be a bit tricky tho with that finish I'm thinking. Anywho good luck, and realize that stuff happens; and after all, new or not, it is a truck. It's gonna get scratched, scraped, dented, and dirty. Btw Ceramic Grey is the best 5th Gen color made imo; too bad it was a special edition only color for the Navies.

aodetailnj

Reaction score
No need to replace that. Have a wheel powder coater or an alloy wheel repair company fix it at about 1/3 of the cost of a new one.
If you’re going mobile alloy wheel repair, make sure they’re properly clearing the wheel after sanding out the damage. We’ve seen too many “quick” repairs fail far too early.

fishinfreak68

Reaction score
No need to replace that. Have a wheel powder coater or an alloy wheel repair company fix it at about 1/3 of the cost of a new one.
If you’re going mobile alloy wheel repair, make sure they’re properly clearing the wheel after sanding out the damage. We’ve seen too many “quick” repairs fail far too early.
Thanks I appreciate the feedback. My OCD won't let me leave it like that so I'm gonna replace it and have the other one fixed and use it for a spare.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread