5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Built to Serve w/Off Road Package 3.5" RC lift HELP

Blackmer18

Reaction score
Having a difficult time with my new 2020 BTS with ORP. First had the shop try putting in a 2.5" motofab leveling kit with no luck.

Next I bought the Mopar UCA's from the 2" lift kit they sell and the mechanic said they didn't help the angle of the ball joints and couldn't get things mounted up.

Last night I pulled the trigger on a Rough Country 3.5" lift with the V2 monotube shocks. I am reading many threads on if this kit will be too much for the ORP. Rc customer service has given me two different answers.

If I install the whole kit what are the risks?

If I leave out the front preload spacer will it work without any issues? What will the rake be roughly?

Anyone installed the 3.5 RC lift on a 2020 with ORP?
I am really trying to get as close to level look as possible and want to run 285 60/r20 on factory wheels.

Last edited:

CJR28

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity did you install the Mopar UCAs with or without the 2.5” spacer?

Blackmer18

Reaction score
The mechanic who does all my work said he didn't even bolt up the UCAs bc they looked identical to factory. Intentions were to use Mopar UCAs with the 2.5" leveling spacer.

He said it was no different but never actually mounted it up.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The mechanic who does all my work said he didn't even bolt up the UCAs bc they looked identical to factory. Intentions were to use Mopar UCAs with the 2.5" leveling spacer.

He said it was no different but never actually mounted it up.

They look the same but if you actually move the ball to their maximum angle of travel then you'll see that the UCA from the 2" kit has more travel.

Search the forums for photographic evidence. I think there's at least two different people who've done side by side comparisons.

For your question about the 3.5 lift. If you have the correct springs on your BTS then leave the preload spacer out and you should be fine. I think some people have put it in but I don't think it's recommended. If you have the non-orp springs on your BTS then you can put the preload spacer in.

Check out the BTS thread for more info on springs if you're not aware.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread