5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Bighorn driver side led bulb turning off

JCR1500

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I changed out my halogens to GTR Ultra 2s and my driver side low beam has been cutting out. I pulled down the fender liner and took off the dust cover and when I just barely touched the wires it came back on. I worked for about 2 weeks then went out last night and is still out today. This is the 2nd bulb I've had (the first one turned out to be defective and Headlight Revolution sent me a new one) and even when I installed it there was a slight flicker but weird my passenger side one has never flickered.

I'm going to look at it this weekend and I just read a thread about the aftermarket connector being a tad too big and that it doesn't allow the pins to connect correctly with the factory plug...has anyone else experience this?

If this doesn't fix it I'm going to switch just my low beams to Silverstar Ultras.

Thanks.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Try swapping the bulbs and see if the symptoms move to the other side.

JCR1500

Reaction score
Try swapping the bulbs and see if the symptoms move to the other side.
Yeah, I thought to try that too. Its supposed to be mid 50s tomorrow in NH so I'm planning on looking at it. I'm also thinking that the connector from the aftermarket bulbs might not be seating all the way in with the factory plug and not making a solid connection as I read in another post.

JCR1500

Reaction score
So I worked on it today. The connection between the led bulb and the anti flicker module was were it was cutting out. I unplugged it there and it did it again when I plugged it back in. Just for laughs I turned the connection 180s and plugged it back in..thinking it wouldn't work..but I made an even more solid connection. But I worry because on the plug the left n right side has a + and a - and you're supposed to like them up. Now they are opposite but it'd workin great.

Users who are viewing this thread