5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Bighorn Cargo Bedlight wont work (at all)

JWard2020

Reaction score
I hope i'm not beating a dead horse here, but i'm having some issues and looking for someone who may have had this same issue and what they did to fix it. So i purchased and installed the OEM LED Cargo Bed Lights. i know about the wrong pin issue and i made sure the BG/VT wire went into the proper PIN 16. I took it to the dealer and they programmed the BCM with the sales code. However the technician or myself can seem to get the lights to do anything. The ground is solid, i conducted a continuity test. C1 Pin 5 and C7 Pin 16 were de-pinned and re-pinned with the new wires. Still no joy. if anyone could shed some light on the situation, it would be gratefully appreciated.

Eddparra

Reaction score
Have you figured out the problem with your cargo lights ? I’m having the same issue.

JWard2020

Reaction score
No I haven’t. I’m gonna take it to different dealership tomorrow and see if maybe they can figure it out

Eddparra

Reaction score
i figured mine out. I actually had it wired wrong. Maybe double check your wiring.

JWard2020

Reaction score
Would you mind posting a picture or explanation of what you change?

Eddparra

Reaction score
So when I first installed the wires I was looking at the harness connection the wrong way and didn’t insert the wires into the correct slot. There is numbers on the wire harness that say 1-12 on one side and 13-24 on the other said which gave me a better understanding of where the wires actually go. I did have to remove a wire on each wire harness connection that is meant for the lights just as it says on instructions. Maybe you just did the same mistake I did. I hope you understand my explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread