5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Big Horn 4wd

Carl

Reaction score
My name is Carl from Roseville Michigan driving a 2020 night edition Big Horn 4wd.
I saved for 5 years to buy a brand new truck.
Now a nightmare
The LED lights are not working correctly.
with the daytime lights turned off
they stay on
If you turn them on the headlights come on to.
2 service attempts
There is a clunk in the front end that cant be found.
1st service attempt along with other certified mechanics
Jim Riehl 14mile Van **** in Warren Michigan has smashed my tailgate during this service visit

leaving a hand-print embedded 20210103_142902.jpg

Last edited:

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First off it’s called a “Night Edition” not Midnight. Nissan does those lol. I keep seeing people say that and I’m like wtf, not trying to be a ****. Anywho, not sure about those tailgate or clunk issues but all I can say is, ask another dealer, no idea. Also, in what scenario are the DRL’s off when the truck is on? I know for a fact you can go into your settings and turn off and on the DRL function in your infotainment. However, I came to the realization it turns on multiple light functions not just the DRL’s when the lights are on. So my recommendation, have that setting off in your UConnect infotainment, and then set your light switch (by the steering wheel) to Auto. That way DRL’s are always on, and headlights come on when needed automatically. Turning the light switch to the on position turns on the low beams and DRL’s together, but again in the infotainment, it turns on both when it strictly says DRL’s, so kinda wonky. Does that help at all?

Carl

Reaction score
First off it’s called a “Night Edition” not night. Nissan does those lol. I keep seeing people say that and I’m like wtf, not trying to be a ****. Anywho, not sure about those tailgate or clunk issues but all I can say is, ask another dealer, no idea. Also, in what scenario are the DRL’s off when the truck is on? I know for a fact you can go into your settings and turn off and on the DRL function in your infotainment. However, I came to the realization it turns on multiple light functions not just the DRL’s when the lights are on. So my recommendation, have that setting off in your UConnect infotainment, and then set your light switch (by the steering wheel) to Auto. That way DRL’s are always on, and headlights come on when needed automatically. Turning the light switch to the on position turns on the low beams and DRL’s together, but again in the infotainment, it turns on both when it strictly says DRL’s, so kinda wonky. Does that help at all?
basically your saying the DRLs never turn off. am I correct. they worked correctly when I first got the truck. I turned them off. they stayed off.

Last edited:

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
basically your saying the DRLs never turn off. am I correct. they worked correctly when I first got the truck. I turned them off. they stayed off.
Sorry was changing my username if there is confusion. So yeah bascially if the lights (meaning headlights) are on (either by having the switch in the on position or being on Auto and requirements are meant [ie, wipers and raining or it’s dark out]), the DRL’s are on. If the light switch is in the off position, all front lights are off. If the lights are in the parking light position, I don’t remember if the DRL’s come on or not. Btw for the parking light position, I mean for the light switch, if you see that symbol on the dash, it means the headlights are on. It’s so freaking confusing. If I’m wrong about all this, please someone tell me. But what exactly do you want the lights to do? Maybe I’m confused, you want the headlights on, aka the low beams, but not the DRL’s, is that correct?

Carl

Reaction score

Sorry was changing my username if there is confusion. So yeah bascially if the lights (meaning headlights) are on (either by having the switch in the on position or being on Auto and requirements are meant [ie, wipers and raining or it’s dark out]), the DRL’s are on. If the light switch is in the off position, all front lights are off. If the lights are in the parking light position, I don’t remember if the DRL’s come on or not. Btw for the parking light position, I mean for the light switch, if you see that symbol on the dash, it means the headlights are on. It’s so freaking confusing. If I’m wrong about all this, please someone tell me. But what exactly do you want the lights to do? Maybe I’m confused, you want the headlights on, aka the low beams, but not the DRL’s, is that correct?
no. during day. info selecton turned off...the drl stay on....now if you put that check mark in the box the headlights now come on....during the day.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
no. during day. info selecton turned off...the drl stay on....now if you put that check mark in the box the headlights now come on....during the day.
Exactly that’s what I’m saying, keep that off in your infotainment if you want it to perform normally. DRL’s are always on if the lights are in ON or AUTO selection, as far as I know. Again if the infotainment selection is on, the DRL’s and headlamp low beams come on annoyingly, even if the light switch is set to AUTO. That being said, if the infotainment DRL selection is off, and you have the light switch (next to left knee and steering wheel) set to Auto, only the DRLs are on (in sunny daylight), and when it’s not or the light switch is set to ON, both headlamp low beams and DRL’s are on.

Carl

Reaction score
headlight switch off position during day.
DRL will not turn off with box un checked
now check that box both come on...

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So box unchecked and Light Switch in “O” position, meaning off and vehicle engine is on and doors closed? That’s interesting, yeah I don’t think that’s what’s supposed to happen.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh you know what, here’s an idea. Put your vehicle up against a glass Window (a store front so you can see the reflection of the lights during the day) or ask a friend or family member to look. But try all this when in gear, when in the Drive position. What I’m getting at is, is this all when the vehicle is in park?

Carl

Reaction score
So box unchecked and Light Switch in “O” position, meaning off and vehicle engine is on and doors closed? That’s interesting, yeah I don’t think that’s what’s supposed to happen.
yes...you are correct.

Carl

Reaction score
Oh you know what, here’s an idea. Put your vehicle up against a glass Window (a store front so you can see the reflection of the lights during the day) or ask a friend or family member to look. But try all this when in gear, when in the Drive position. What I’m getting at is, is this all when the vehicle is in park?
I can sit behind someone on the road and see..."so im in drive"" and I can sit in my driveway and see the reflection in wifes car .."so I'm in park". so either way...they do not work correctly as they did when I first received the vehicle.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can sit behind someone on the road and see..."so im in drive"" and I can sit in my driveway and see the reflection in wifes car .."so I'm in park". so either way...they do not work correctly as they did when I first received the vehicle.
I just know the DRL’s are off on our ford when it’s in park and when it goes to drive they turn on, that’s where I was going with that, yeah no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread