5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 AC performance

technicholas

Reaction score
The 2019 RAM I have today AC sucks really bad. Has anyone tried a 2020? I am so tired of being soaked in sweat from the AC not working on humid days

Differia

Reaction score
My AC in the 2020 is colder than a polar bears toe nails

What are you getting for tempature readings out of the driver and passenger side vents? Another member reports the AC in his 2020 sucks.

Lrhodes

Reaction score
What are you getting for tempature readings out of the driver and passenger side vents? Another member reports the AC in his 2020 sucks.

I have not officially gauged the temperatures flowing from the vents, but when set to anywhere below 67-68 on the dials I normally end up lowering the flow or raising the temps to something more comfortable. The dials go to 60 but again, never needed it anywhere close to that. Outside temps have been around the 90s locally to me and humid.

I will say, I have tint film that helps reduce heat inside the cabin so the AC is not working as hard to get the cabin to a comfortable temp. To begin with.

Last edited:

ldoh

Reaction score
That's a bummer but I guess most of us expected as much.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
I thought I was in the clear with the heat, so I turned the valve I installed on the LIne (AC hack) back to normal where it flows....Drove about 1 mile and pulled over and turned back to closed. I couldn't handle the crappy AC. When it's closed, it works perfect. I will open it back up towards the end of the month. I hope the 2020 model fixed this.

technicholas

Reaction score
I have not officially gauged the temperatures flowing from the vents, but when set to anywhere below 67-68 on the dials I normally end up lowering the flow or raising the temps to something more comfortable. The dials go to 60 but again, never needed it anywhere close to that. Outside temps have been around the 90s locally to me and humid.

I will say, I have tint film that helps reduce heat inside the cabin so the AC is not working as hard to get the cabin to a comfortable temp. To begin with.
Mine is horrible on hot humid days. Let us know what your thoughts are 2020 owners!

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was watching a video of a new Heavy duty and the owner was complaining about the AC. Seem they just are going to ignore the AC issues. I couldn't handle it. In Texas I cant have a half working AC. Too bad because my 13 would blow ice out of the vents. My hell Cat works well just not really a high volume of air. It uses the same type of refrigerant as the new 19s.

Oliver392

Reaction score
Any more input from '20 owners? I own a '16 and the AC is outstanding! Ice cold within a half minute after start up. This past weekend I test drove a '19. Hmmmmm. Not so great. I am ready to pull the trigger on ordering a '20 but I am having second thoughts due to the AC issue.

Oliver392

Reaction score
Well that isn't very encouraging. Perhaps I will have to wait until late winter to order. I hope that by then that the AC issue has been resolved. That is, I hope that it is.

ddharris

Reaction score
Mine works fine also even though the temps seem to be a bit different from vents on both sides of the head unit. Florida truck about as bad as hot and humid as it gets in the US.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
102 the other day in TX and my 19 works great, i dont understand why some people are having issues. Hope you get it sorted out.
Its not “Some” ...... it’s “Most”. I think there’s only been like one forum member that actually confirmed mid 40’s temps front the drivers side center vent in stock form.

ldoh

Reaction score
Its not “Some” ...... it’s “Most”. I think there’s only been like one forum member that actually confirmed mid 40’s temps front the drivers side center vent in stock form.

Yep, even new owners of Ram 2500/3500s are complaining about crappy a/c performance.

PostPremium

Reaction score
90 degrees today. 2020 limited vs my 2012 Hyundai Genesis. Ram is on the right. Not good.

Attachments

• 20191019_161235.jpg
    20191019_161235.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 67

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OK. But I do not get it why yall want arthritis inducing freezer air blowing on your elbows. My Rebel stays on auto, had it set to 72 degrees, good to go.
Added ceramic tint to the front windows, had to turn the temp to 74.
SoMd here so no Texas heat, we can get hotter than FL. thou. Just saying...

Beatle9999

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Laramie. I can’t compare or have a gauge to take the air temp but it’s been 90-100 all last week and I haven’t had issues. I will say that my 2012 bmw coupe did seem colder but I haven’t had issues with the cab being hot. I just set it to max AC then lower it when it cools down. I have ceramic tint in the front windows and might do the rest including the windshield.

niftyguy239

Reaction score
OK. But I do not get it why yall want arthritis inducing freezer air blowing on your elbows. My Rebel stays on auto, had it set to 72 degrees, good to go.
Added ceramic tint to the front windows, had to turn the temp to 74.
SoMd here so no Texas heat, we can get hotter than FL. thou. Just saying...

It's not that we want arthritis inducing freezers. It's that we want a system that can handle the environment that we live in. The second our truck shuts off, we open a window, open a door, or pull up to a stop light, we lose our ability to keep the vehicle comfortable. Keeping the truck "in the freeze" helps because even when we do so, the temps don't dramatically increase when exposed to the outside. This is the sweat factor. The time it takes to cool the cab. You keep it cold, it takes less time to recool the cab when a door or window is opened. The system doesn't have to start at 0, it can start at like step 12.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I get that... My `97 Expedition had a freaky cold AC. My Ram has a high flow of 72 or 60 degree air if I want, that is comfortable to me. YMMW

Users who are viewing this thread