5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 6 inch lifts...Anyone yet?

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
Best I can tell...Rough Country is the only manufacturing selling lifts for the 2020's, but I have seen a few here and there, like youtube dealer vids claiming BDS lifts. Has anyone lifted their 2020 yet? My local shop says they won't even install a RC on it due to past experiences they have had with quality.

I just traded my 19 on a 20 this week. In November of 2018 when I bought my 19, I was dealing with this same kind of lack of available accessories. I wish I would have looked into it before trading. I wanted to upgrade from Big Horn to Laramie and would have just opted for a left over 19 had I realized their was any differences. Apparently even my Pulsar won't work on this one.

ehk49

Reaction score
I have a 6" Zone on order through my local 4WD shop for my 2020. It's been about 3 weeks, but they're backed up with shipping due to COVID. As soon as mine is installed, I'll post some feedback and pictures.

Tex_Ram

Reaction score
Fabtech lists a 6" for a 2020, I also know several people that have a fabtech on their 2020, I know 1 guy that has a BDS 2019 on his 2020

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
Fabtech lists a 6" for a 2020, I also know several people that have a fabtech on their 2020, I know 1 guy that has a BDS 2019 on his 2020

After a LOT or calls with manufacturers and dealers, I think I finally got the straight scoop. There is a slight difference in cross member mounting for the 2020s which is why some won't "verify" fitment. I have a BDS ordered and my local shop understands what may need to be modified to get mounted. Hopefully it won't be long before I can update with some after install pix.

Todd1500

Reaction score
After a LOT or calls with manufacturers and dealers, I think I finally got the straight scoop. There is a slight difference in cross member mounting for the 2020s which is why some won't "verify" fitment. I have a BDS ordered and my local shop understands what may need to be modified to get mounted. Hopefully it won't be long before I can update with some after install pix.
Interesting. This explains it. Seems like they should just post directions for the difference.

TXECOD

Reaction score
I ordered the BDS kit for my 2020 Limited Eco Diesel from my local distributor a couple of days ago. They said the kit may require some small modifications to make it work, even though BDS says it wont work on a 2020, or an Eco Diesel.

jasnak

Reaction score
I ordered the BDS kit for my 2020 Limited Eco Diesel from my local distributor a couple of days ago. They said the kit may require some small modifications to make it work, even though BDS says it wont work on a 2020, or an Eco Diesel.
Let me know how it’s works out. I have the same truck and still no direct answers to what fits!!

jasnak

Reaction score
Soooo, have you tried to install yet?

jasnak

Reaction score
BDS says the kit won’t ship until late next week. I plan to install it as soon as it arrives.
Thanks. I ordered as well. Should be here today. Couldn’t wait any longer. Ha. Hopefully install this week.

Novacain

Reaction score
I have a 6" BDS Kit installed on my 2020 RAM Rebel Sport, it doesn't seem to have any issues with fitment or driving although it does have an annoying clanging noise from the rear when I go over bumps or speed bumps. I think I narrowed the noise down to the BDS springs.
Compared to the stock spring which has 2 plastic guards attached to each of the springs around the top where it may contact the frame and spring perch, the BDS spring is missing these guards and my installer didn't transfer the plastic pieces to the BDS springs.

if your going to do a BDS lift or any lift that comes with new rear springs I would ask your installer to transfer the plastic guards from the OEM springs to the aftermarket upon install so your not hearing the clang clang as the rear suspension compresses and rebounds going over a speed bump or man hole cover.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That was exactly what happened with my lift. Fortunately I kept the oem spring so it was an easy fix but it also clearly stated in the BDS install instructions those must be used.

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
My BDS lift is finally in. Will have it installed early next week, along with new tires and wheels.

NewRammer

Reaction score
Newbie here in every way...first post, in fact...so please have patience with me. I am a new (very happy) 2020 Ram 1500 owner. I traded in a '19 Chevy Silverado LT 2WD to get my Ram. I, too, have been shopping for a lift (so I can replace the stock wheels and add more aggressive looking tires). My model is a 2WD Lonestar as I didn't need 4WD. I am finding very limited options for a 2WD and frankly am struggling with matching a lift/level height with appropriate wheel and tire sizes. I also don't want to have to do any cutting because of rubbing. So as you can see I have several items I am contending with. So, my question is this...should I just wait a few months for manufacturers to come out with more lift kit options for a the 2020 2WD, or is it safe to say what is currently available will be what shall be available even after a few months? If that is the case, what kits should I be looking at (and not looking at)? Oh by the way, I do like doing work myself and saving money where I can, so I was hoping to install myself. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
Newbie here in every way...first post, in fact...so please have patience with me. I am a new (very happy) 2020 Ram 1500 owner. I traded in a '19 Chevy Silverado LT 2WD to get my Ram. I, too, have been shopping for a lift (so I can replace the stock wheels and add more aggressive looking tires). My model is a 2WD Lonestar as I didn't need 4WD. I am finding very limited options for a 2WD and frankly am struggling with matching a lift/level height with appropriate wheel and tire sizes. I also don't want to have to do any cutting because of rubbing. So as you can see I have several items I am contending with. So, my question is this...should I just wait a few months for manufacturers to come out with more lift kit options for a the 2020 2WD, or is it safe to say what is currently available will be what shall be available even after a few months? If that is the case, what kits should I be looking at (and not looking at)? Oh by the way, I do like doing work myself and saving money where I can, so I was hoping to install myself. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
I know plenty of guys do lifts and levels on their 2wd trucks. I don't have any knowledge to give any useful answers, but I know you can find some good info on this site. I do think that any 2019 level kit will work on your truck, independent of 2wd or 4wd. Even if they don't say 2020, they work.

Rubbing or not depends on a lot of things, not just size. Offset plays in as well. Suggest looking at a lot of set ups described on this site to see what has or hasn't worked for others. My experience says about any combo of 33" will work with a level. 34s too. 35s is where yous start to get into some rubbing. But, I have had 4 trucks with 35s ranging from leveled to 6" lift and only very minor rubbing issues. Good luck

jasnak

Reaction score
Update: 2020 ram rebel ecodiesel went under the knife this am for the bds 6 inch lift. Front end is done and they didn’t run into anything out of the ordinary. Will be done tomorrow.

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
Are you getting your lift kit installed today?
I did. It was dark when I got home so no pix yet. Shop said their was some minor differences as compared to 2019s, but nothing complicated.

Users who are viewing this thread