5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 1500 will not start. Red light on the dash and we just get a click

Ziggybsf280

Reaction score
Hey all im new to fhese forums.
I have a 2020 1500 and now all of a sudden shes just dead. I have power to put the windows down, air on, lights on but i just get a click when i push to start. I notice a red little LED light on the top right corner which some guys are saying its the Anti theft mode light. WHAT THE HELL IS IT AND HOW DO YOU DISENGAGE IT?????
i even swaped batteries ans left it disconnected for half the day. Still just a click.
I see allot of older models have a solutions with the key in the ignition but i hate that i have a push button.
Please help.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Have you tried pushing the button with the key fob?

Seabass4592

Reaction score
You know the key fob has a button on the side. Push it and a key is inside the fob?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seabass4592

Reaction score
nope - that emergency key only serves to unlock the truck when your fob is dead as far as I've heard.

Is true! About the time I posted I realized their is no ignition for it…only door locks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ziggybsf280

Reaction score
Well i finally went to the dealer and its the starter, god forbid they call.
So 1 year old and 17000 miles and the starter goes. Thats a new one. Had a 16 and over 90grand on it and never had a problem.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well i finally went to the dealer and its the starter, god forbid they call.
So 1 year old and 17000 miles and the starter goes. Thats a new one. Had a 16 and over 90grand on it and never had a problem.
I know that sucks, and shouldn't happen at 17k miles. I totally understand your frustration. But it's why we have a factory warranty for the first bit of ownership. It's rare for one to go out that early. You just happened to be unlucky enough to have it happen to you. I realize that's little comfort to you. Just know that the chances of the replacement will be brand new. And the chances of it going out on you again that quickly is almost zero.

Users who are viewing this thread