5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 1500 sport upper glove box light Not working at all

Littlewing

Reaction score
hey all,
i have a brand new 2020 ram 1500 sport.
the upper glove box has a light on the inside of the glove box.. but it does not ever turn on no matter what i do.
its an LED so i cant just try a new bulb as its LED
any ideas or should i drive it to the dealer?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Make sure you have the dimmer for the interior accent lighting turned up. It's next to the dimmer for the dash lights.

Littlewing

Reaction score
Make sure you have the dimmer for the interior accent lighting turned up. It's next to the dimmer for the dash lights.
I am thinking I dont have thr dimmer switch you talking about, can you take a picture of yours so I can understand what you mean please

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am thinking I dont have thr dimmer switch you talking about, can you take a picture of yours so I can understand what you mean please
I'm not familiar with the 5th gen Sport model since I'm not in Canada. So maybe it's more like a Big Horn. Mine is a Laramie with the Sport appearance package. I'll post a pic later this evening.

Littlewing

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the 5th gen Sport model since I'm not in Canada. So maybe it's more like a Big Horn. Mine is a Laramie with the Sport appearance package. I'll post a pic later this evening.
Your truck and our tim hortons double double ketchup chip version are "sport" are pretty much the same. I will look for you pic of the button/switch your talking about

Littlewing

Reaction score
I dont have that, but that only controls the lights on the out side of the upper glove box, I have posted a pic if the light that will not turn on that should come on when I open the upper glove box door. And turn off then I close it

Attachments

• 20201125_052122.jpg
    20201125_052122.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 28

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
I dont have that, but that only controls the lights on the out side of the upper glove box, I have posted a pic if the light that will not turn on that should come on when I open the upper glove box door. And turn off then I close it
Bulb is probably faulty. Likely a trip to the dealer. I just picked up my 2020 Ram 1500 Sport last week and noticed none of the USB ports under the screen work, so I have to get that done + I want a new steering wheel (the leather isn't tight and is stretched in several areas)

Littlewing

Reaction score
got to the dealer today.. the service manager got the light to turn on a couple times but not consistently so he wants to book it in for shop time for a tech to play with.

i will follow up when i drop the truck off and get news about what the issue is

namhoang22

Reaction score
Anyone has issue with their top glove box not close? my top glove box open switch is stuck and I can't close the glove box door. Does anyone has this issue and know how to fix it? thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread