5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 1500 RAM - lifters issue but super low milage (around 11k miles)

danielvavracz

Reaction score
I bought my 2020 Ram in august brand new. now i have around 11k miles on it and in last 3 months i heard wierd sound from engine. car was shaking sometimes and rpm dropping between 800-1200rpm. So now truck is in dealership and they found lifters are bad and they wanna replace them. My question is: is it major problem? is it normal have bad lifters on almost brand new truck? Do i need ask for replace truck? Thank you!

service manager told me it is machine it happens to machines.
customer care manager told me they will fix it for you.
but nobody knows time frame. and nobody can promise me it will never happen again..
But what is bothering me the most is how they communicate with customers..
Does anyone of you guys have same experience? Do need lawyer?

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
You still have plenty of warranty left to get it fixed and see if this is a recurring problem with your engine. I have seen plenty of lifter issues with Hemi's over the last 10 years, but usually not until at least the 150K mile mark.
No one has a crystal ball and they are never going to promise it won't happen again, that's what the warranty is for.
Communication with customers is pretty dealer-specific, some are great, some not so great.
What would you need a lawyer for, if they are fixing under warranty that is all you can expect unless it keeps going back for the same problem or over a specified period then you are talking lemon law. As this is this first time, no.

Users who are viewing this thread