5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 4x4

LogDog

Reaction score
Found the site while searching for discussions of a transmission / shifting issue I'm having. 32K on my truck so looking for help while under warranty.

While in a deceleration / reacceleration cycle (for example a yield / merge intersection) the truck will randomly shift from Drive to manual mode and lock into a low gear. So far it has happened a total of 4 times in the last 6 months or so. Once it locked into 1, once in 2 and the most recent episodes were both in 3. Moving the shift knob from D to N and back returns the tranny to normal Drive mode each time -- but I'm afraid of what the future holds.

Inquiry at the dealership at my last service (after the first 2 incidents) yielded a blank look and a "no results" check of service codes for that. I was almost convinced I was somehow randomly hitting the gear limiter selector by accident. The it happened twice this week and both times I had a passenger to confirm that I hadn't touched the center steering wheel controls. Not finding anything about this online. Any one out there have a similar experience or any ideas?

Thanks!
LogDog

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/