5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 1500 Key fob not working FIXED!!!

Ultra-Harley

Reaction score
My fob stopped unlocking or locking the doors...remote start and panic wouldn't work either but it WOULD work using my hand to lock and unlock on the door handle and the truck would start and run.....after trying several things including asking the dealer (ummm...just leave it with us) I fixed it. Here is how. Put the fob on the front seat. ..get out and lock the door with the door handle button. The horn will blow 3 times warning you the FOB is inside. Remove the FOB and try it... mine worked fine after this. Hope this helps someone. I suspect the security system was confused ....

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Roll your window down before you do this. That way if the trucks actually listens to you and locks you out, you can still get in without finding your spare.

dengland

Reaction score
My fob stopped unlocking or locking the doors...remote start and panic wouldn't work either but it WOULD work using my hand to lock and unlock on the door handle and the truck would start and run.....after trying several things including asking the dealer (ummm...just leave it with us) I fixed it. Here is how. Put the fob on the front seat. ..get out and lock the door with the door handle button. The horn will blow 3 times warning you the FOB is inside. Remove the FOB and try it... mine worked fine after this. Hope this helps someone. I suspect the security system was confused ....
You absolutely helped me! Thanks

RetiredNavyChief

Reaction score
2020 Limited here with the same problem. Didn’t work. Shoot; I had high hopes! Gonna pull the battery leads. If that doesn’t work, does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread