5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 1500 headlights out

dhamburgjr

Reaction score
I have a 2020 1500 that while towing both headlights went out at the same time. All other exterior lights work as they should. I've tested both and they both work. I've looked at all fuses I can associate with lights and as far as I can tell are good. What am I missing? Is there a specific relay that operates the headlights?

Did you double-check to ensure the switch is on or Auto position?

I occasionally accidentally hit that switch with my knee and change it's position when getting in the truck.

Untitled.jpg

Yes, the lights switch if turn to on will not turn on the lights and when turned to Auto the lights will not come on.

I have now tested all trailer connections and all function as they should. Is it possible hooking the light bulb directly to the batteries +/- to test would give a false positive? I wouldn't think so a light coil will always light until broken correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back