5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

202 Ram ORG adding one inch rear lift spacer

swimbs43

Reaction score
So ive got a 2020 built to serve with the ORG package. I am doing eiback shocks all around with eibach 2" lift spring up front, shock set on lowest setting. However, I'm am trying to keep a little bit of rake due to my bed topper and gear I put in the back. I was considering keeping the ORG rear springs with the eibach shocks but adding a 1" spacer. Will this work? I know eibach states the rear springs will accommodate 0-1.5" of lift so I just want to make sure there wont be any issues with it being 2" total including the org spring and 1" block.

20240711_182458.jpg

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like those rear shocks were designed for any Ram 1500 4x4 including one with OFG or built to serve (which add 1 inch lift) because “ they will work from 0-1.5 inch lift”. However, like you said you would be going 2 inchs from standard 4x4.

I think you would need to go with your stock shocks that are designed for the stock height ( that you can go an additional 1.5 inch’s),
or buy shocks made for increased lift.

They are hard to find. I researched it and found a few but I personally used my stock shocks and used a 1 inch spacer with no issues.

swimbs43

Reaction score
Sounds like those rear shocks were designed for any Ram 1500 4x4 including one with OFG or built to serve (which add 1 inch lift) because “ they will work from 0-1.5 inch lift”. However, like you said you would be going 2 inchs from standard 4x4.

I think you would need to go with your stock shocks that are designed for the stock height ( that you can go an additional 1.5 inch’s),
or buy shocks made for increased lift.

They are hard to find. I researched it and found a few but I personally used my stock shocks and used a 1 inch spacer with no issues.
See thats what im curious about. Its sitting on stock ram shocks with the 1 inch org springs right now. Basically, id be using the eibach rear shocks and a 1 inch rear plate. I know ive seen guys use these shocks with stock spring and two inch rear plates. But trying to get the feed back to see if they have had any issues or anything.

I went with the eibach 2 inch springs up front because I really didn't want the take the ORG springs with the eibach shocks and take the adjustment collar up. Id rather just lift it with the srpings and let the shocks work like they should. But that will probably be almost dead set level with my rear ORG springs and eibach shocks with my topper and decked system and whatever else I put in there.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I lifted my rear because of weight of topper, tools etc. and sagged too much, especially when hauling or towing.

I used stock shocks with my OFG ram with 1 inch spacers and all good.
I have no issues with the stock shocks personally.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have about 2" in the rear (including OEM 1") on my stock Bilsteins on the Rebel. As long as you're not doing aggressive off roading where you're maxing out travel you won't see any issues.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have about 2" in the rear (including OEM 1") on my stock Bilsteins on the Rebel. As long as you're not doing aggressive off roading where you're maxing out travel you won't see any issues.
I forgot, I actually have 1.5 inch spacers with stock shocks. I’ve seen written that adding 1.5 inch’s is no problem, but that is probably conservative.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's really just about if you're maxing out the shock on extension or not. Could break your shocks if you fully extend them enough or too roughly.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So ive got a 2020 built to serve with the ORG package. I am doing eiback shocks all around with eibach 2" lift spring up front, shock set on lowest setting. However, I'm am trying to keep a little bit of rake due to my bed topper and gear I put in the back. I was considering keeping the ORG rear springs with the eibach shocks but adding a 1" spacer. Will this work? I know eibach states the rear springs will accommodate 0-1.5" of lift so I just want to make sure there wont be any issues with it being 2" total including the org spring and 1" block.

View attachment 186375
At most it could be .5 inches higher. I went with Fox 2.5 PE's, so I decided to use the Eibach rear coils to match the front. They are 1 to 1.5 inches taller than non-ORG. I was hoping to just get the 1 inch so it would stay the same but it I could tell right away that I got the .5 more. Not unpleased at all. I off road quite a bit and am very happy with the ride.
J3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread