5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 vs 2020 differences? Lift Kits - Side Steps - Bumpers etc

Tex_Ram

Reaction score
Just took delivery of a 2020 Ram 1500 Lone Star (Big Horn) and while driving it home I called 4wheel parts to ask about a 6" lift.. Apparently the 4wp in Houston has never done a 2020 Ram so he wasn't able to tell me anything. I've tried searching here but am not coming up with much info so hopefully one of you geniuses will be able to help me out.

Will 2019 (NBS) 1500 Side Steps fit on a 2020? Anyone know if the holes that are already there are the same?

Will 2019 (NBS) 1500 Front Bumpers fit on a 2020? Do they use the same mounting points and are they in the same location?

Will 2019 (NBS)1500 Lift Kits fit on a 2020? Anything change suspension wise between the 2 years?

Thanks in advance for any help and if someone has answered this before please point me in that direction and I'll read. In return I'll keep you all updated with the progress of the build.. Plan on Lifting, Front Bumper, Winch, Rear Bumper, Fiberglassin a Sub Box that fits under the back seat, LED's and whatever else I can get my boss (Wife) to approve of!

Toothninja

Reaction score
I’ve talked to several shops around here. They’ve said that the two years are interchangeable for lifts. No issues between the two. Not a lot of options available yet... I’ve been told that after SEMA, there may be more options out there as the companies want to show it off before putting it out there for sale. SEMA is the first week of November, I think. So, I’m waiting to see what comes out in the next few months or so...although the money is burning a hole in my pocket for lift, tires and wheels.

Tex_Ram

Reaction score
Heard back from 4 wheel parts today.. Apparently have to wait for the procomp 6" lift kit to be DOT approved for the 2020 even though it's the exact same kit that's already DOT approved for the 2019.. He agreed, probably gonna need to wait til after SEMA.

Users who are viewing this thread