5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 transmission jump

ranorman

Reaction score
I had my 2019 for less than a week and the transmission shows D, but won't go until I press the accelerator. The auto parking brake is off. Anyone find an answer to that yet?

JoeRam

Reaction score
More details of your situation. They all need gas to go, do you mean it’s won’t shift into a gear from park till you push the accelerator?

Bonafide823

Reaction score
I had something similar to this when I first started driving my truck. I would start the truck, press on the brake to change the shift knob to D, let go of the brake and the truck would not move. Press on the accelerator and it would clunk/shift into drive. It did it a couple times since then, but hasn't happened since.

Steviebottz

Reaction score
Having the same issue 19 1500. Hot or cold, hold the brake put into drive and nothing, all of a sudden 2 seconds pass then it lundges forward kinda scary. My wife was trying to leave the house and saying to me it won't move, as I got closer to look it lunged and almost whacked my daughter who I was carrying. Drives perfect most times 3x in 400 miles and today I heard mechanical sounds louder than normal before i drove off so technically 4x

Bonafide823

Reaction score
Having the same issue 19 1500. Hot or cold, hold the brake put into drive and nothing, all of a sudden 2 seconds pass then it lundges forward kinda scary. My wife was trying to leave the house and saying to me it won't move, as I got closer to look it lunged and almost whacked my daughter who I was carrying. Drives perfect most times 3x in 400 miles and today I heard mechanical sounds louder than normal before i drove off so technically 4x
Exactly how the first time was for me. I was thinking wtf, this thing is wont go into drive. I put it back in park, put it back un drive and did the pause. Then it shifted, clunked, and skipped forward. But haven't had the issue for the last 300 miles. It did seem to happen in the first couple hundred miles like you stated. I just hope it was something breaking in and the problem us solved. My 2015 never had any problems other than the third brake light.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Taking a wild guess, this sounds as if the zero-state adaptives need adjustment... if this is happening on brand new trucks and eventually goes away after some miles are put on it.

Your owners manual tells you the truck might drive "differently" when brand new, and will then gradually adjust itself with the adaptives learning your driving style.

If it is not engaging immediately when placed in D, that's something that needs to be fixed.

Bs32929

Reaction score
This is a common problem but described differently on various threads. My transmission was replaced and I’ve had no other issues in two months.

Users who are viewing this thread