5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Tradesman without front tow hooks?

RAM5

Reaction score
Well, for some reason or another...I just noticed my new 2019 Tradesman 4x4 does not have front tow hooks. I know I can purchase (2) and can install them but I'm a bit concerned about the working space in that area, because of the drop down air spoiler tucked underneath

Has anyone on the forum done this install on a new 2019?

Thanks!

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, it's been done here are two videos. I have a set I have not put on yet either as I know it's going to be a pain with my big hands to work in this area.

RAM5

Reaction score
Yes, it's been done here are two videos. I have a set I have not put on yet either as I know it's going to be a pain with my big hands to work in this area.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it!
The videos you embedded are much appreciated

I’m not sure when I’m going to purchase and install these hooks or what style hooks I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddharris

Reaction score
Have the dealership do it. Cost a bit more but your hands will thank you. And it stimulates the economy.

RAM5

Reaction score
Well, I have thought about it, however I like to do things myself and have been since I was 13 (wow! that was a long time ago). I have hands and arms that are already beat up, scratched up, cut up, scars from stitches ect, from all the mechanic work I've done over the years. I will say that now days these newer vehicles limit me on what I'm able to do hands on

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it!

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
Save the plastic inserts and cut them out for a finished look the instal is a pain there were retainers on the long bolts. 29415

RAM5

Reaction score
First vid is good goes over the challenges.

Looking forward to doing this , however at my current age now it takes me a longer to get to the ground and a bit longer to grab what I can to pull my self back up to vertical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
I used a Dremel with a thin cut off wheel but it throws hot plastic so safety glasses and gear and take you time

RAM5

Reaction score
I have used a Dremel to cut a lot of plastics and I agree with you...it does throw hot plastic pieces all over

Users who are viewing this thread