5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 REBEL with 2" front level and air links = Ball joint gone bad after 10K miles

REBELmtnbiker

Reaction score
FYI: I purchased the Rebel used with 29K miles on it in October 2019. Promptly put the 2" level kit on with air links to lift the front end. Fast forward to last week, intermittently when turning or going over speed bumps it would squeak or squeal like something needed to be greased or lubed. It progressively got worse and more frequent. Long story short after lubing items here and there...the ball joint is the culprit.

Rebel suspension is +1" from STOCK height.
+ the 2" Daystar puck makes it 3" above normal stock 4x4 height.

This made the ball joint at a crap angle which we all knew, but I forgot to take into account the +1 REBEL height.

Even the MOPAR lift kit uses the a beefier UCA with a better angle ball joint would not work.

I ordered the Rough Country UCA and will modify to accept the air links.

RTREBEL

Reaction score
I currently have the RC upper control arms good quality and the ability to grease the ball joint is a plus. I tried their 3.5 struts but with bad luck I received a defective pair. Rough Country totally backs up their products and took care of me !
7ba2d61d17d0a0390c1c123fa47dfa5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

REBELmtnbiker

Reaction score
Yes, rides a lot better. I had to fab up my own airline mount, but its good to go.

highly recommend

Users who are viewing this thread