5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel wheel spacers?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've always thought the argument against wheel spacers was based on the imagination of someone who didn't understand how hubcentric spacers work and heard an urban legend about some low rider popping off wheels on Ventura Blvd cruise night in front of a laughing crowd.

Modern CNC production is precision defined, I have no hesitation adding hubcentric spacers that meet spec.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've always thought the argument against wheel spacers was based on the imagination of someone who didn't understand how hubcentric spacers work and heard an urban legend about some low rider popping off wheels on Ventura Blvd cruise night in front of a laughing crowd.

Modern CNC production is precision defined, I have no hesitation adding hubcentric spacers that meet spec.

You're right to say most people don't understand how spacers work - hubcentric only means applying the force on the hub evenly spaced; it doesn't make it safer to run as you will still have added pull-out force on the studs and hub regardless; math is math.

I was bored and did the math on our trucks using our baseline rebel weight, payload max, axle max weights and came up with a 1" spacer = approximately 8 ft/lb of pulling force added to your studs and about 17 ft/lb if going with a 2" spacer with oem offsets. will that cause a failure? No. does it put you closer to failure of stud shear / pullout? yes; slightly but still yes.

OP, sorry to super-derail; lets see some pics of your install already! figured by now you'd have bought the parts haha

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Coyote has the 3 best 77.8 hubcentric options or pay double for Bora.
That's good info! I hadn't looked into our hub sizing but true that even .1 of a mm can cause wobble (I went through 6 sets of rings with tire rack with a set of Sparco Terra wheels on another vehicle before it settled down)

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m never going back to have the rear tires narrow compared to front when stock. This stance handles and looks better. Truck was twitchy on the highway before I did this. There’s no difference putting larger offset rimes on maybe a little less stress but not enough to worry unless your maxing towing hauling etc. 78B40E6D-A248-424D-B6B9-304985609F26.jpeg 9AF87A3A-1EDB-483B-AFDE-95B9E5431AC9.jpeg F2A3B03B-C884-4492-BF41-8CAB8A245A43.jpeg

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
Unfortunately the Mopar 2" lift does not take the steep rake out of the truck. I installed it but didn't put the rear spacers on - lifting the front only. Now I have Fox shocks all around and the truck is level.
Any issues with handling or the springs coming out of place by leaving the rear spacer out? I’m considering doing exactly the same.

drhobbs28

Reaction score
I just added 1 inch spacers . Brings the tires out right to the edge of the wheel flair. I think they were $210
Did your stock rims indention accept all the stud length you had left over? Are these hub centric?

Users who are viewing this thread