5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel Tail Light condensation

mutchlerj

Reaction score
Getting an intermittant tail light fault. There is visible moisture / condensation inside both assemblies. I pulled the left side off and literally poured water out of it. Ran air through it for an hour or so and it seemed to fix the issue. Now the right side is acting up the same way. Had the truck in for a warranty covered exhaust leak and asked them to check the tail lights. The dealer came back and said that since it was water damage it was not covered., Thats the problem, the lack of a proper seal or drain allows moisture to accumulate. Anyone else have this problem and any luck with the dealership other that a quote for $1600 for replacement? 48k miles

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get it dried out then run some Black RTV around the perimeter of the red lens and the main body.
Also around the aluminum BSS and Electrical connector base. Those are the only places I
can see that water can get inside.

Online OEM replacements are around $800. I thought I purchased a used OEM Taillight when
a Woman backed into me crunching the Tail Light. But it was aftermarket. Ever since the
Replacement, I have been getting Blind Spot Sensor Errors. ****s with the CANBUS too.

I thought it was the Wiring because LEER used Splice Connectors right at that Tail Light.
I soldered the wires and insulated them, but the Errors persist. I am going to replace the
Connector with the original one from the crunched Tail light this weekend.

If that doesn't work I may have to Break down and get an OEM one.

Malodave

Users who are viewing this thread