5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel Remote Start oddity?

Pamoky5

Reaction score
Hello all, I wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed anything on after using the remote start that was not previously left on the day before? I have about 5200 miles on it and it has the level 2 trim package. I looked through the manuals and didn't notice anything regarding this experience.

I purchased my Rebel since late July, 1st-time owner of a RAM. Now that it is getting colder outside I have started to use the remote start that it came equipped with. The first time that I tried it out it was cold enough for a frost and after I got into the truck, I noticed that both front and rear defrosters were on, the drivers' side seat heat was on -maxed out and the steering wheel heat was on. My first response was to my wife, asking her if she had left all of those items on after she drove it which she replied "no".

I have used the remote start 3 other times since then and have noticed that twice there was nothing on when I got in but this morning I used it and the rear defroster was on and I did not leave it on the night before. Has anyone else noticed this - is it normal - or do I have an electrical issue with the truck. I also was curious if the truck is set up to turn on these items depending on what the outside temperature is at?

Thanks!

TexasDrone

Reaction score
On my 2016 mine did what it needed depending on weather outside. Hasn’t gotten that cold here yet to test on my 2019. But hoping it does the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flynfish

Reaction score
I think it turns them on depending on outside temp. I don’t think my remote defroster has ever turned on by itself but maybe I haven’t paid close enough attention to that.

My front defroster, seats and steering wheel all turn on when it’s cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The above is correct - when it's below frost level (39* or 37* I forget now), the seats, wheel and defrosters will be on with remote start

U

User_21361

You can change the comfort settings on the radio at least for the seats and wheel heaters
762de1e4e539cc8ebd9bbd4db156f2bd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What good is remote start if it doesn’t turn the heat on when it’s cold outside?

Pamoky5

Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies, sounds like that's what it's supposed to do. The only other time I've had a remote start was an aftermarket one I had installed on my wife's car and you had to set everything to come on (defroster, seats, etc...) so I just assumed it was going to be the same as that one.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies, sounds like that's what it's supposed to do. The only other time I've had a remote start was an aftermarket one I had installed on my wife's car and you had to set everything to come on (defroster, seats, etc...) so I just assumed it was going to be the same as that one.

Factory remote start only turn on heat/vent seat and steering wheel, you still had to set your normal ac/heat system the way you want before turn car off so when you remote start it will turn on, that is how i been doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online