5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel rear window frame failure, very disappointed

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
sorry for all the trouble you are having

however you brought a first year model and they have had lots of issues
can you lemon law it as this might be your only option

Not singling you out but the lemon law here in NJ is very difficult to qualify. My father actually qualified a car he had. It spent probably a total of 2 months worth of time in the dealer diagnosing a faulty airbag issue. Ironically, in the end, it was the techs improperly installing the seat sensor harness and every time the seat was adjusted, it cut the wires. I digress. I remember it was an extremely difficult process and he only received I think about 1 year worth of lease payments, after the lawyer got his cut.

I think another thing to note, which is sort of bad, is that these are actually all known issues with these trucks.

- eTorque motor and battery failure.
- Rear window frame cracks (happening into the 2020 model year and maybe 2021 so I've been told)
- Tow mirror failures (retract mechanism overruns and breaks the stop)
- Exhaust manifold leaks
- Cab leaks

I think the only two that are semi-unique to me are the hood latch failure and the exhaust flange bolt breaking.

It's bittersweet because I do love the truck. The overriding problem is it still seems like some of these issues continue into brand new 2022's.

U

User_3336

Yes sir. Valuable lesson learned. Build loyalty to a good, honest dealer who cares about their customers.
I got a bit confused in the original post. Was the dealer who's fixing the ORIGINAL dealer?
Got lost in the first dealer/second dealer thing.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not singling you out but the lemon law here in NJ is very difficult to qualify. My father actually qualified a car he had. It spent probably a total of 2 months worth of time in the dealer diagnosing a faulty airbag issue. Ironically, in the end, it was the techs improperly installing the seat sensor harness and every time the seat was adjusted, it cut the wires. I digress. I remember it was an extremely difficult process and he only received I think about 1 year worth of lease payments, after the lawyer got his cut.

I think another thing to note, which is sort of bad, is that these are actually all known issues with these trucks.

- eTorque motor and battery failure.
- Rear window frame cracks (happening into the 2020 model year and maybe 2021 so I've been told)
- Tow mirror failures (retract mechanism overruns and breaks the stop)
- Exhaust manifold leaks
- Cab leaks

I think the only two that are semi-unique to me are the hood latch failure and the exhaust flange bolt breaking.

It's bittersweet because I do love the truck. The overriding problem is it still seems like some of these issues continue into brand new 2022's.
A known issue is eTorque motor and battery failure?? I've had two trucks over four years with zero issues. I don't spend every day on here, but I only recall and handful of threads about it. The rest sure look legit though.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
I got a bit confused in the original post. Was the dealer who's fixing the ORIGINAL dealer?
Got lost in the first dealer/second dealer thing.

The second dealer. First made 0 effort to warranty the truck at all. They didn't even call Mopar. Second dealer, the one who's doing the repair, literally had it approved in 48 hours with the parts on order.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
only issue i have heard for the my22 is the etorque and some have uconnect 5 issues
Not to the stir the pot but...fresh material.

2020 - Second year of the eTorque

2022 - Same/related issue.

If anything, just things to be aware of. A lot of people don't know the battery is failing until it does. I believe mine went around 30k. Noticed it was starting slower and slower. Then one day it wouldn't start at all and threw a code.

There is quite a few dead battery posts on here. Anywhere from 2019 to 2022 trucks. Some are just the battery, some are the eTorque failing and causing the battery to die.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Not to the stir the pot but...fresh material.

2020 - Second year of the eTorque

2022 - Same/related issue.

If anything, just things to be aware of. A lot of people don't know the battery is failing until it does. I believe mine went around 30k. Noticed it was starting slower and slower. Then one day it wouldn't start at all and threw a code.

There is quite a few dead battery posts on here. Anywhere from 2019 to 2022 trucks. Some are just the battery, some are the eTorque failing and causing the battery to die.
the non etorques battery is because the factory uses the cheapest battery's they can buy

gofishn

Reaction score
Do you own a RAM?

Outside of a 1977 F-250, way back when, owned nothing but Mopars for almost 40 years.
Wife got a 2021 Ford Explorer St, last year, mostly because, "it's Blue & I like it!".
She had no idea she was buying a Hot Rod>
I was to strung out on Morphine, and Pain, to go help her shop.
Only showed up to actually buy what she had landed on.

My last Ram, a 2014, had the dreaded Lifter failure, which toasted the camshaft.
All of which was fixed under warranty.

Truck developed a very noticeable, to me, shimmy about a week into ownership
that no one could ever completely eliminate. Still, I loved the truck but had to get rid of it because I could not get in and out of the thing
without killing myself with pain, even with the Morphine.

Told myself, Chrysler is Dead,
Now, it's nothing but a re-branded Fiat and I ain't NEVER going to buy another.

2 new Hips, get off most of the strongest drugs, able to physically get back into a truck, time to go shopping.
Could not climb into a Ford.
Really thought I'd get a 3/4 ton Chevy with the big diesel.
But could not handle the ride, long term.

Tried out the 1/2 tons, which rode nice but not real happy with V-8 options.
Did not want a souped up mouse motor.

Stopped in to lament and pick my buddy's brain, he runs one of, if not thee, largest Dodge dealership in my State.
Had the drive train i wanted, Drove it. Bought it.
Figure if this one turns out to be Turd. It's History.

Like I told the OP.
If one does end up with a Turd, odds are should not get another so flush the one one ya did get.

My last Ram had issues, that never cost me anything but disappointment & frustration.
Even though i swore off Fiat, I gave them another chance, strictly because I am such a long time Moparman

Honestly, i suspect the reason i was so mad about my 2014 truck is because I never have to do anything with any of the Mopar's I've onwed.
I drove 2500's, except for one 1997 1500 that I blasted for my 1999 V-10 2500.
Nothing wrong with that 1500 but I was not ready for a 1/2 ton yet.
Still expected far too much out of my trucks.

Kept that 99 until I traded it off for the 2014.
One fan belt, one radiator, in 15 years and a 190K miles.

That;s it outside of tires and normal stuff.

Wife has had some issues with her minivans over the decades, but she always gets the max warranty
because I was gone form home, a lot, and warranty always covered it.

I was trained to expect 15+ years of trouble free performance and got mad when the last truck did not give it to me.
Again, everything has always been covered under warranty but Failed Lifter and cam shaft?
That really ticked me off.

Last edited:

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
Gofishn,

I think the bigger problem is just the transition to how things are made in general. Vehicles, electronics, etc. Once again, I love my truck. My wife even loves my truck. She's consistently trying to pawn her Jeep GC-L off on me so she can take my truck to work with our son (she's a teacher).

I come from a very mechanically inclined family so I do have a sense of design flaws. I've literally seen it all. My brother's Jeep was plagued with the original lifter/head issues with the V6 motors. Mopar, I will say, stepped up to the plate on that one. Mother had a Ford Expedition that was a rolling lemon. No clue how that didn't get claimed. Father had a Lincoln with the airbag issue that kept it in the dealer a total of 2 months which was lemon lawed. Cousin had a brand new GMC Sierra 1500 die in the road in front of his house with less than 3k in miles and was flatbedded away.

My real problem with the Ram? It ironically doesn't affect me but you still see the same issues being carried into 2021's and 2022's. At what point does FCA/Mopar say "Let's do the right thing here." Yeah, re-rooling is machine dies, molds, etc is all expensive. But at what point does this catch up to them?

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
The plot thickens. Lots of rain here in NJ today. Low and behold, it's leaking again. However, I think it's the 3rd brake light. I am guessing they removed it to get it out of the way to remove and then install the window. I had never actually done the weatherstrip/seal upgrade on it so I'll try that. Hopefully that fixes it.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The plot thickens. Lots of rain here in NJ today. Low and behold, it's leaking again. However, I think it's the 3rd brake light. I am guessing they removed it to get it out of the way to remove and then install the window. I had never actually done the weatherstrip/seal upgrade on it so I'll try that. Hopefully that fixes it.
There is an updated 3rd brake light (has a double seal) and screws are also different.
See post 88, was $42 at the time. No issues with old or new.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
There is an updated 3rd brake light (has a double seal) and screws are also different.
See post 88, was $42 at the time. No issues with old or new.

Much appreciated. I went ahead this past weekend and pulled it off, scraped the old weatherstrip/seal off, and did the upgraded Home Depot version. Couple minutes of drenching with a house and on water, so far...knock wood. If this doesn't work, I'll probably get the upgraded light.

Window seal looked very good and intact. Had to be the 3rd brake light leaking.

Users who are viewing this thread