5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel - Metallic clinking noise after accelerating

A2D

Reaction score
First time poster and truck owner, so let me say sorry for my lack of knowledge on most things truck related.
I noticed today that if i accelerate from a dead stop, after a second or two, i hear a metallic clinking noise coming from the bottom of the truck.
It only lasts a second but it doesn't sound like a happy truck kinda noise.
Is this normal or did i just buy an expensive toy with broken parts?

Thanks

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
provide some more details on the truck. what engine does it have, 4x4?, any mods? and trailer hitches that could be rattling? describe your vehicle a bit more maybe we can help

A2D

Reaction score
Crew cab 4x4 (not turned on), no trailer hitch or anything in the back that would make that sound.
Seems to be coming from beneath the vehicle which can only be heard with windows down, no music, etc.
Need to take it in for recalls so i may ask the dealership to take a look.

Snekpete

Reaction score
Crew cab 4x4 (not turned on), no trailer hitch or anything in the back that would make that sound.
Seems to be coming from beneath the vehicle which can only be heard with windows down, no music, etc.
Need to take it in for recalls so i may ask the dealership to take a look.
Mine does the same thing on hard acceleration, can only hear it with the windows down and no radio, it's normal. 1,400 miles.

A2D

Reaction score
Thanks guys.
I am still a little heavy footed on the gas pedal, so that sounds about right.
Glad it isn't something major and for these forums providing a lot of good info.

Users who are viewing this thread