5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Rebel low profile bug deflector

5GEcoD

Reaction score
I've done an internet and forum search and can't seem to find a low profile bug deflector that fits my 20 Rebel. I like the AVS Aeroskin product but the fine print specifically excludes the Rebel trim. There are a few out there to include the Mopar version, however there is a gap between the deflector and hood. I live around trees and I know from experience that it will attract leaves and grim and is difficult to keep clean. Anyone know of a low profile deflector out there? Thanks!

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've done an internet and forum search and can't seem to find a low profile bug deflector that fits my 20 Rebel. I like the AVS Aeroskin product but the fine print specifically excludes the Rebel trim. There are a few out there to include the Mopar version, however there is a gap between the deflector and hood. I live around trees and I know from experience that it will attract leaves and grim and is difficult to keep clean. Anyone know of a low profile deflector out there? Thanks!
My weathertech bug guard should be delivered tomorrow.... it isn’t low profile tho. That’s interesting about the rebel hoods being different, do you know what’s different about them? I couldn’t find any differences between other models so I’m not sure why the bug deflector you looked at wouldn’t fit

5GEcoD

Reaction score
My weathertech bug guard should be delivered tomorrow.... it isn’t low profile tho. That’s interesting about the rebel hoods being different, do you know what’s different about them? I couldn’t find any differences between other models so I’m not sure why the bug deflector you looked at wouldn’t fit
[/QUOTE
Yeah I was a bit puzzled by this myself. Not a lot of info out there pertaining to the difference between hoods. Maybe the Rebel is a sport hood? Not sure. I may try and call Aeroskin and ask them. Cjippy, I like the Mopar one too, it's probably what I'll go with if I can't get the Aeroskin.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s the sport hood that is different on the rebel, I have been looking for a bug deflector aswell but there is not much option. I may just apply a paint protection film instead.

5GEcoD

Reaction score
It’s the sport hood that is different on the rebel, I have been looking for a bug deflector aswell but there is not much option. I may just apply a paint protection film instead.
That's what I thought, thanks for the clarification. Keep us posted on what paint protection film you you get if you don't mind....Thanks!

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's what I thought, thanks for the clarification. Keep us posted on what paint protection film you you get if you don't mind....Thanks!
makes sense. i dont recall ever seeing a low profile bug shield on a rebel unfortunately, i was looking for this myself and ended up ordering the weathertech. ill post a picture of it later today, should be here this afternoon

FifthCard

Reaction score
I would be curious to know. I have been scouring the interwebs trying to find something that fits the 2019 rebel.

Moe Szyslak

Reaction score
Was the weathertech an easy install? The mopar looks like it's a pain to install.
I'm considering the Weathertech hood protector instead of the bug shield.

Last edited:

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was the weathertech an easy install? The mopar looks like it's a pain to install.
I'm considering the Weathertech hood protector instead of the bug shield.
yeah it was easy, you remove 6 of the plastic screw things that hold the rubber gasket onto the hood. you slide the flanges of the WT bugshield under the rubber gasket where those plastic screws were and use the provided 6 plastic screws from WT to secure it. It took me more time to clay bar and paint seal the front portion of the hood one final time than it did to install the bug shield. just take your time

AlexJay

Reaction score

I was thinking of this:

An email from the company said they have them for the 5th Gen Rebel but they haven’t updated the website yet to reflect this. Verify for yourself if you are going to order and let us know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5GEcoD

Reaction score
I was thinking of this:

An email from the company said they have them for the 5th Gen Rebel but they haven’t updated the website yet to reflect this. Verify for yourself if you are going to order and let us know.

Thanks for
I was thinking of this:

Thanks, I'll look in to it...

Moe Szyslak

Reaction score
yeah it was easy, you remove 6 of the plastic screw things that hold the rubber gasket onto the hood. you slide the flanges of the WT bugshield under the rubber gasket where those plastic screws were and use the provided 6 plastic screws from WT to secure it. It took me more time to clay bar and paint seal the front portion of the hood one final time than it did to install the bug shield. just take your time
I installed my weathertech yesterday. Did you use the 4 bumper stickers?? I couldn't find anywhere on the hood to pace them as the guard doesn't seem to come close to touching the hood.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed my weathertech yesterday. Did you use the 4 bumper stickers?? I couldn't find anywhere on the hood to pace them as the guard doesn't seem to come close to touching the hood.
Yeah I used them, but I placed them on the back of the bug shield instead of on the paint. I don’t think it’ll ever touch the hood, only if it’s super windy or something. I didn’t want to stick them on my paint tho

tsav21

Reaction score
here’s what the weather tech looks like, I actually like it so much more than I thought I would. Definitely keeping it! And it’s really solid
View attachment 61264 View attachment 61265 View attachment 61266 View attachment 61267
here’s what the weather tech looks like, I actually like it so much more than I thought I would. Definitely keeping it! And it’s really solid
View attachment 61264 View attachment 61265 View attachment 61266 View attachment 61267
Do you have a link to this? is it the same one as for a regular 2020 Ram 1500? I can’t seem to find anything specifically for a Rebel

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/