5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel Interior Ambient Lighting

ckirby500

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just picked up a used 2019 Rebel today and noticed there are no ambient interior lights. I found one thread with some details and a YouTube video on adding them. Wanted to check in and see if anyone had found a simple solution (i.e. pre-run wires or anything helpful I could use) before tackling this project.

Thanks!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Actually you do have ambient lighting. It's a tiny LED that ambient dimmer switch has control of, a tiny light on your ceiling that points down on your cup holders :)

ckirby500

Reaction score
Yeah. I should have clarified. Door ambient lighting

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just picked up a used 2019 Rebel today and noticed there are no ambient interior lights. I found one thread with some details and a YouTube video on adding them. Wanted to check in and see if anyone had found a simple solution (i.e. pre-run wires or anything helpful I could use) before tackling this project.

Thanks!
Not sure what YouTube video you are referring to, but check out Hammerdown Motorsports channel. Steve added ambient lighting to his rear doors among many other additions on his 2019 Rebel.

ckirby500

Reaction score
@SilverNight2020 that's the one - he has done solid work to that truck. I was going to follow what he did, but did not like that you have to manually control the lights as opposed to them just coming on with the other ambient lighting

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
@SilverNight2020 that's the one - he has done solid work to that truck. I was going to follow what he did, but did not like that you have to manually control the lights as opposed to them just coming on with the other ambient lighting
Yeah, he has done more than I could ever imagine doing to mine, but to each their own. I do enjoy his videos though. He can get pretty creative. I miss my ambient lighting my F-150 Lariat had on it. I programed it to be blue light when the doors were closed, but whatever door opened, it would turn red. Definitely a feature I would love to see on these Rams.

ckirby500

Reaction score
Yeah, he has done more than I could ever imagine doing to mine, but to each their own. I do enjoy his videos though. He can get pretty creative. I miss my ambient lighting my F-150 Lariat had on it. I programed it to be blue light when the doors were closed, but whatever door opened, it would turn red. Definitely a feature I would love to see on these Rams.
That's awesome - yeah I definitely feel they missed the bar on this part - but far exceeded it elsewhere. I'll settle for no ambient lights over driving a F-150 lol. But yeah that guy's done some awesome stuff to his truck

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
That's awesome - yeah I definitely feel they missed the bar on this part - but far exceeded it elsewhere. I'll settle for no ambient lights over driving a F-150 lol. But yeah that guy's done some awesome stuff to his truck
I honestly loved my F-150 with all the bells and whistles I had in it. I definitely downgraded when I got the Bighorn, but I could not afford a Laramie or Limited new, and my Lariat was a 2015. It was getting to many miles on it, so I opted for the Ram. I was disappointed at myself at first, but it is starting to grow on me. Adding my Borla muffler really put a smile on my face and has helped me like the truck more. You can't make an Ecoboost sound like a truck, no matter how hard you try. This one is a lease, so we will see what happens in 3 years.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I honestly loved my F-150 with all the bells and whistles I had in it. I definitely downgraded when I got the Bighorn, but I could not afford a Laramie or Limited new, and my Lariat was a 2015. It was getting to many miles on it, so I opted for the Ram. I was disappointed at myself at first, but it is starting to grow on me. Adding my Borla muffler really put a smile on my face and has helped me like the truck more. You can't make an Ecoboost sound like a truck, no matter how hard you try. This one is a lease, so we will see what happens in 3 years.
You spent a lot upgrading a leased vehicle. Are you planning to buy it at the end of the lease, or swap out the upgrades when you return it?

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
You spent a lot upgrading a leased vehicle. Are you planning to buy it at the end of the lease, or swap out the upgrades when you return it?
Everything I have done up to this point on my truck is fully reversible or transferable. I see no reason to not make it fully enjoyable to drive while it is in my possession. TBH, I would never keep the truck beyond a few years anyways, because I like to have a vehicle under warranty and with the newest technology. This is my third truck in two years, so for me leasing actually keeps me committed longer than when I buy.

Users who are viewing this thread