5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel - Exhaust leak question

rkjunior

Reaction score
All - its tough to tell in the diagram but I have a leak between the extension and the mid-muffler on my 5.7L right at the clamp. Is there a gasket in there or is it just the U-clamp holding it together?

1710351299759.png 1710351329211.png

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is a gasket in there.
If you watch any videos of installing a cat-back system they show reusing the gasket from the old pipe onto the new.

rkjunior

Reaction score
That is a gasket in there.
If you watch any videos of installing a cat-back system they show reusing the gasket from the old pipe onto the new.

Thats what I assumed. Every exhaust I've done included one and there's one on the parts diagram in a different spot. I'll pick one up just in case - if mine is leaking, its probably the gasket over the clamp.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thats what I assumed. Every exhaust I've done included one and there's one on the parts diagram in a different spot. I'll pick one up just in case - if mine is leaking, its probably the gasket over the clamp.
What clamp is that? And for seventy bucks!
You could have a broken bolt at the flange.

edit: had to look it up, from what I can tell, that is a resonator to exhaust tip clamp and overpriced as anything

Last edited:

Five_O_Nomad

Reaction score
All - its tough to tell in the diagram but I have a leak between the extension and the mid-muffler on my 5.7L right at the clamp. Is there a gasket in there or is it just the U-clamp holding it together?

View attachment 178924 View attachment 178925
I had the same issue. When I went to replace it, both bolts broke off in the flange. 20 min job took me all day because I had to drill them out just to replace the gasket.

rkjunior

Reaction score
I had the same issue. When I went to replace it, both bolts broke off in the flange. 20 min job took me all day because I had to drill them out just to replace the gasket.
$125 and meineke replaced all 4 bolts with stainless and the 2 gaskets I provided. Money well spent imo to not worry about having to air hammer them out 🤣

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
$125 vs. a full day`s long challenge and adventure.
A no-brainer for me. Specially if I can buy some new tools.

Users who are viewing this thread