5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel Durtrac LT275/70R18 tire pressure

RAMDJ

Reaction score
What is the current tire pressure on your 2019 Rebel with Durtrac LT275/70R18? The max rating on the sidewall is 80 PSI and mine are currently at 60 PSI. Trying to decide if I should put them up to say 70/75 and just maybe that will improve fuel economy.

Zinger

Reaction score
So the door sticker would trump the rating on the tire itself?

Absolutely. Tires of any size can fit many vehicles of varying size and weight. It's up to the manufacturer to decide what works best for their specific application.

When I tow I'll bump the rears to 55 due to the additional load, but for everyday driving I go by the door sticker.

RAMDJ

Reaction score
Absolutely. Tires of any size can fit many vehicles of varying size and weight. It's up to the manufacturer to decide what works best for their specific application.

When I tow I'll bump the rears to 55 due to the additional load, but for everyday driving I go by the door sticker.

Ok, I will keep it as is in that case. I guess that would explain why I am not getting a warning for low air in the tires.

Luxy72462

Reaction score
55/45. If you have them at 70-80 have fun on the highway cause these trucks will sway like noones business with that kind of tire pressure. When I took delivery of mine the dealer never set the pressures and it was sketchy. Once I lowered it it rode perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gkmathiesen

"MAX"
Reaction score
I keep all mine between 52-55. I wouldn't go higher than that...you will be all over the place on the road. Not to mention when you take it off road it would handle like crap(general rule is to let some air out when off road)

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m at 50 front and 40 rear. Just high enough to keep the dash light off. I go up when towing.

RAMDJ

Reaction score
I checked the side of my door, and sure enough, matches what everyone else says here. No surprise there. Thanks everyone for the input!

Users who are viewing this thread