5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel AFE Cold Air Intake install

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have seen and heard of people using it “properly” and they weren’t fine but do what you want understanding the risk.

SColang22

Reaction score
I have seen and heard of people using it “properly” and they weren’t fine but do what you want understanding the risk.
Idk man. I’ve always used oil and never once voided a warranty from it

SColang22

Reaction score
Because your MAF remained clean
Yes because I used it correctly. If you misuse it you’ll ruin the warranty but that’s with anything. Shoot if you drive your truck to hard you void your warranty

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ello peeps. Umm we don’t run MAFs on our trucks. So we are good regardless of low oil or high oil product on air filter....lol, Just Saying.... hoping you two are to agree yet disagree on different vehicles about this subject at hand. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Snakes709

Reaction score
The intake has to cause the issue in order to void the warranty. Back in the day when i had a supercharged cobalt ss, i had a cai on it and my reverse lights wouldnt turn on. Brought it to the dealership and they said the switch box under the shifter that triggers the lights when i shift to reverse, was broken. And because i had a cai, they tried to deny the warranty. I asked them “doesnt it have to cause the issue to effect the warranty?” They replied yes. So i asked how a cold air intake causes my reverse lights bot to come on because the switch box broke. They had no answer and covered it.

Brain h

Reaction score
Look up the magnuson moss warranty act.
If a dealer claims an aftermarket part causes a defect or other parts to fail they have to prove it caused it.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Look up the magnuson moss warranty act.
If a dealer claims an aftermarket part causes a defect or other parts to fail they have to prove it caused it.
Sounds far easier than it really is. The manufacturer can put you through the ringer and have you rack up huge legal bills in an attempt to defend yourself...really not that simple.

Cease11

Reaction score
I just finished installing this AFE cold air intake and I got it for a steal($190 US dollars). I bought it and was going to have it stored untill Jay Greene gave me the green light for when his tunes will be available but I said screw it... and I installed it without much expectations and it really did make a difference! Not just noise wise but I feel more horse power especially up in the high RPM's. Installation was very simple as well. Hopefully I see some MPG increase in these next couple of days as I'm getting 13.5 average with my 35" All Terrains. I'll keep you guys posted.
Off topic question, but where did you take the picture where you’re in the water? I’m in SoCal too. Just curious is this out here in the desert?

Snakes709

Reaction score
Sounds far easier than it really is. The manufacturer can put you through the ringer and have you rack up huge legal bills in an attempt to defend yourself...really not that simple.
Usually it never goes that far. Brought my cobalt in because my reverse lights werent working. After diagnosing and replacing, the dealership told me the switch box under the shifter broke thst triggers the lights to come on when you shift to reverse and since I had a CAI, my warranty was voided. I asked doesnt the aftermarket part have to cause the issue to void the warranty, they replied yes. So i asked how a intake causes my reverse lights not to come on. The manager replied “it doesnt...”. Does a little typing on his computer, hands me my keys and says “you are good to go, warranty covered it”

9 times out of 10 you just gotta call them out on it.

Users who are viewing this thread