5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Sports now have 12inch Uconnect Option

smiles5619

Reaction score
I knew this may have been a long shot but I'm not happy with FCA. At the time of my purchase, the dealership identified the Sports were not being equipped with the 12 inch Uconnect screen. I seen a recent article that outlines the Ram Sport will now have the 12 inch Uconnect as an option. I truly would have loved to have this Uconnect but really wanted the Sport. With the Sport now being able to have the 12 inch Uconnect, I was looking to see what options were available to me for getting the 12 inch Unconnect. I can see their argument if it was a year or so later. But I purchased my truck in December 2018. Now two months later it's an option!?!?
Here's FCA's response:

---------- Forwarded message ---------

Thank you for your email.

Automobile manufacturers commonly alter vehicle design features or equipment options. Most often, these changes are in response to either customer demand or factors affecting material availability. The determination on how to produce a particular vehicle in a given market is based on careful studies of market conditions.

Please note that the final terms of a retail Purchase or Lease Agreement are the result of negotiations between the customer and the dealer. As the manufacturer, FCA Canada cannot influence these terms, particularly after both parties have approved the contract by signature. In such cases, concerns can only be reviewed with the dealership management. The dealership is independently owned and operated and can chose its own prices for the products they sale. FCA Canada cannot intervene in the transaction.

We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered, and we regret that we are unable to assist you

Creep0321

Reaction score
Seems like a normal response to me. Probably not what you want to hear, but it’s true. I want the Advanced safety group but didn’t want the Laramie LVL2, so I skipped.

slimchance

Reaction score
be carefull what you wish for .... many on this site have post about some of the features on the 12" screen not being as good as the features on the 8.4 nav

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Op I wish you well with your dealings with the dealership. I see some ha e traded in their recently purchased vehicle to get what they originally wanted. Of course they took a financial hit. Hopefully you can come to a happy medium with the dealership.

John813

Reaction score
It's the nature of the game. First one to buy means you get the newest first, but at the same time you get trucks with limited options at times.

Just like the guys who got the first rebels, only to see a Rebel 12 come out a few months later.

Some dealers sales reps know next to nothing, or will say anything to convince you to buy the truck on the lot that day.

CanadianSport2019

Reaction score
When was your truck actually built? I priced one around December and I could build it with the 12” screen, if it was a crew cab 6.5 box. I just ordered a Sport now, and could get it in any configuration.

smiles5619

Reaction score
When was your truck actually built? I priced one around December and I could build it with the 12” screen, if it was a crew cab 6.5 box. I just ordered a Sport now, and could get it in any configuration.

The build was in October 2018. When I purchased it, I was really vocal about the 12 inch Uconnect. The dealership said the Sport doesn't come with it. If I was told or if FCA would have advised potential customers it was coming, I would have waited. The dealership is looking into it to see what they can do. We will see...

Users who are viewing this thread