5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram sags on driver side

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Looking for your thoughts. So I have an 2019 Ram Bighorn with off road package. I had noticed a couple months into owning the truck that it had a very distinct lean on the driver side. Took it back to the dealership where they replaced both front and rear springs and front strut on the driver side Made a big difference however after getting the ttruck home I then noticed that it still has a slight lean. Still about 1/2 inch lower on the driver side then passenger side in the front. In the rear it's still 3/4 inch lower on driver side then passenger. It's better then it was before I brought it be fixed but still noticably has a lean. I'm not mechanic but should the passenger side springs be changed as well? Am I being to picky? The dealership told me that they think the problem most likely happened bc while the truck was at the dealership before being bought it most likely was parked on an unlevel surface for however many months before being bought. That could've compressed the springs and sitting for that amount of time messed them up. However my thought is if one side was compressed for so long could the other side have stretched therefore all 4 springs shouldve been changed. Not just driver side? Am I wrong?

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where are you measuring to / from? Get the truck on a perfectly level surface, and measure to some nice, easy to repeat spots on the frame. If the frame isn't sitting level left-to-right, then I'd say they need to check for frame / suspension damage, including the springs. If the frame is level but your measurements to the fenders or other parts of the truck are off, then they need to look at body mount points and fender installation.

Reaction score
Where are you measuring to / from? Get the truck on a perfectly level surface, and measure to some nice, easy to repeat spots on the frame. If the frame isn't sitting level left-to-right, then I'd say they need to check for frame / suspension damage, including the springs. If the frame is level but your measurements to the fenders or other parts of the truck are off, then they need to look at body mount points and fender installation.
I was just measuring from the ground to the wheel well. I made sure to have it on a perfectly level surface

KRField

Reaction score
Good luck! Dealer claimed in spec and quite a few on the road the bed looks jarred with the passenger side sitting higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was just measuring from the ground to the wheel well. I made sure to have it on a perfectly level surface

Gotcha, like I mentioned above, that doesn't help you narrow down the location of the issue just yet. If you're confident in the repeat ability of those measurements, measure the frame as close as possible to the same spot(s) along the length of the truck, and report back. That will help determine how to proceed.

The Tundra forum I was a part of always had this "issue" brought up, but as it turns out, those trucks were just made that way, as they didn't have different left or right spring rates, yet the trucks were heavily loaded on the drivers side by design (battery, gas tank, steering column, driver, etc all on the left). About a half inch to 3/4 inch difference was completely normal. If I get the chance, I'll measure my Ram tomorrow and see if you and I have similar numbers.

Reaction score
Good luck! Dealer claimed in spec and quite a few on the road the bed looks jarred with the passenger side sitting higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/QUOT
I'm good go to another dealership and see what they say. I'm hoping to figure this out. When I called and told them that it was better but still not totally fixed they contacted their Chrysler rep and that's what he said. It was within spec. Idk what to do bc I'm not gonna just accept that answer

Reaction score
Gotcha, like I mentioned above, that doesn't help you narrow down the location of the issue just yet. If you're confident in the repeat ability of those measurements, measure the frame as close as possible to the same spot(s) along the length of the truck, and report back. That will help determine how to proceed.

The Tundra forum I was a part of always had this "issue" brought up, but as it turns out, those trucks were just made that way, as they didn't have different left or right spring rates, yet the trucks were heavily loaded on the drivers side by design. About a half inch to 3/4 inch difference was completely normal. If I get the chance, I'll measure my Ram tomorrow and see if you and I have similar numbers.
Thank you for the advice it's much appreciated!! Look forward to hearing your measurements

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just posted this in the other thread with the same questions .. as it is within RAM tolerances.

Check your tire pressures with digital gauge to make them all match.
Sit in the seat and power on the truck to have the system air it up. Now have someone measure.

I'd like to know if it updates and is still off at all and by how much -- or the same measurements even after you get in.

(this would be for the 4-corner air suspension of course)

Reaction score
I just posted this in the other thread with the same questions .. as it is within RAM tolerances.

Check your tire pressures with digital gauge to make them all match.
Sit in the seat and power on the truck to have the system air it up. Now have someone measure.

I'd like to know if it updates and is still off at all and by how much -- or the same measurements even after you get in.

(this would be for the 4-corner air suspension of course)
One of the first things I did was check tires. This is not the air suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread