5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM Rebel randomly stops

FirstPU

Reaction score
First, I apologize for posting this since I'm sure it's been asked before, but everything I've seen hasn't worked so hoping this may prod another answer.

The truck has been awesome until tonight. I started the truck, and then when I slowed down to go around the corner, it just stopped. I saw a message about it needing to be in park, and then automatic shifter thing shifted it into park when I came to a stop.
Starts up fine again...then dies again. Happened about 5 or 6 times during a 5 mile drive.

If I just sit in the driveway and start it...wait a few minutes...it stops again. Nothing as far as error messages indicating a problem.

I tried walking away from the truck a distance that someone recommended may 'reset' something.
If I use the remote start feature...the truck continues to run.
Now I've disconnected the negative terminal and waiting for a bit until I put that back and see what happens.

My guess is I'll be taking it into the dealership tomorrow. I did just have it in for service five days ago.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
First, I apologize for posting this since I'm sure it's been asked before, but everything I've seen hasn't worked so hoping this may prod another answer.

The truck has been awesome until tonight. I started the truck, and then when I slowed down to go around the corner, it just stopped. I saw a message about it needing to be in park, and then automatic shifter thing shifted it into park when I came to a stop.
Starts up fine again...then dies again. Happened about 5 or 6 times during a 5 mile drive.

If I just sit in the driveway and start it...wait a few minutes...it stops again. Nothing as far as error messages indicating a problem.

I tried walking away from the truck a distance that someone recommended may 'reset' something.
If I use the remote start feature...the truck continues to run.
Now I've disconnected the negative terminal and waiting for a bit until I put that back and see what happens.

My guess is I'll be taking it into the dealership tomorrow. I did just have it in for service five days ago.

Hi FirstPU,

I certainly understand why this would be concerning and I'm sorry that this happened to you. I recommend having your truck diagnosed by your dealer again, and if you do so, please be sure to keep us updated on their findings. We are more than happy to support you while working with your dealer if needed.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread