5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Rebel Overland Build

976-HIKE

Reaction score
Great work-in-progress thread. Later this year or next, I’m going to mount a Wilco low-Pro rack to my bed and put a Smittybilt on top of it.

blownout1500

Reaction score
FYI - Highly, highly recommend the topper ez lift system over an RTT. Less setup, less weight, more secure, sleep on an actual mattress. Push a button and it all closes up and goes away. Have a look at them (y).

SynAckuL

Reaction score
I suspect that the Topper EZ Lift system will work for some people, but it won't work for me unfortunately. I'm not a big fan of toppers to start, and as tall as I am, I wouldn't fit in the bed of the truck anyways, unless I was laying diagonal, and then I'd still have my feet sticking out. I also need to be able to take whatever is on top off easily, and the rack comes off with four bolts and is lighter than most (all?) toppers. For me, it seems to be the best fit. But, I do look forward to seeing what others come up with - topper or no!

ExpGARAM

Reaction score
Awesome build!

I just ordered a MAX Modular Bed Rack Tonneau Cover Single Test Bracket to see if the rack will work with the bed rails. It should work fine with the tonneau cover. Since the lift didn't work, I have a large credit that can now go towards an Alumax rack and roof top tent.

Right now, I'm looking at a cheaper SmittyBilt tent like this one, which you can also see reviewed here by TrailRecon, with his one year follow up here.

Reminds me of my old truck. I tried to something similar:

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the truck back from the dealership today. Bad news is that the lift they ordered would not work on the Rebel. Good news is that they were still able to complete the LineX, bed utility rails, bed divider, and tonneau cover.

View attachment 30563

View attachment 30551

View attachment 30552

View attachment 30553

I also found the MOLLE panels and JeepUniq radio holder on my front door when I got home.

View attachment 30554

View attachment 30555

View attachment 30556

View attachment 30557

View attachment 30559
I have a Limited with BUG and the bed divider and am looking to do a hard cover that will work with all. Your set up is exactly what I want. What hard cover do you have and did the dealer have any issues installing it?

SynAckuL

Reaction score
I have a Limited with BUG and the bed divider and am looking to do a hard cover that will work with all. Your set up is exactly what I want. What hard cover do you have and did the dealer have any issues installing it?

It is the Mopar bed cover, installed by the dealer.

SynAckuL

Reaction score
Thanks. I just ordered one. Hopefully, they don’t have any issues working around the bed divider rails.

I have the bed divider as well, and have no issues. I hardly ever use the bed divider, so I'll likely be taking it out as it doesn't work with the overlanding rack I want to get.

Reactions: MJP

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the bed divider as well, and have no issues. I hardly ever use the bed divider, so I'll likely be taking it out as it doesn't work with the overlanding rack I want to get.
Just got my cover installed. Question: does yours have a ridiculously large yellow handle on the left side cable release that says “Emergency Release”? It’s annoying when you fold the cover back.

SynAckuL

Reaction score
Just got my cover installed. Question: does yours have a ridiculously large yellow handle on the left side cable release that says “Emergency Release”? It’s annoying when you fold the cover back.

Yes, it does.

wayn0r

Reaction score
Awesome build! I got my 2020 Rebel a few weeks ago and planning to do similar things.

My first mod is installing the Diamondback HD cover today. Already ordered the iKamper Mini RTT that I'll mount using FrontRunner tracks/bars on the diamondback cover.

Planned mods/accessories:
- Dual Battery System
- Ham Radio
- Weboost

Still looking for a roof rack. Any recommendations?

Eventually, I'll look into a 4" suspension upgrade (BDS or AEV).

Mitragliatrice

Reaction score
I'm curious on how the weboost install went? I'm doing one now and not sure where to put it all

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread