5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram rebel 5.7 with e torque

Treezo617

Reaction score
What exhaust do recommend ? I don’t want it too loud where is in the cabin of the truck but I want to rumble

Cajun_

Reaction score
Get a cat back so you don't have to cut anything. Borla, carven and awe are your top 3 picks in my option. Just get the one you like the sound of.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's going to be a little bit of a gamble whichever exhaust you buy. What sounds great to one person might annoy another person. It's too bad there is no good way to actually hear the exhaust before buying. Sound clips don't do it for me. They are never the same as the actual sound, but unfortunately that's all we have to make a decision on.

bfabian76

Reaction score
i went with the B2Fab mild one. Its perfect for me. a little bit of growl when you start it. sounds good getting on it. dead quite when just cruising or on the highway.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
but you can always just go back to stock if your dont cut your stock exhaust and use a cat back.
Agreed, I would never cut, it can lead to major annoyances down the road. I have a 99 civic that someone before me cut an exhaust to put on. When the welds started to fail, I had to order new headers, cat, and exhaust to get it back to factory because of the way he cut it.

NRitland2

Reaction score
Agreed, I would never cut, it can lead to major annoyances down the road. I have a 99 civic that someone before me cut an exhaust to put on. When the welds started to fail, I had to order new headers, cat, and exhaust to get it back to factory because of the way he cut it.
Depends on his money situation. Cut and clamps are 2-300$... full cat backs are $1000+. All you are cutting is the muffler pipe- should not run into an issue of needing to re-order headers and a cat to go back to stock...

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Depends on his money situation. Cut and clamps are 2-300$... full cat backs are $1000+. All you are cutting is the muffler pipe- should not run into an issue of needing to re-order headers and a cat to go back to stock...
The guy that did whatever he did to mine cut the end of the header off and welded it to the cat. When I got under there I was like wtf did you do haha.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol the cut and clamp replacements are no different than a catback. They bolt on the front and slip over the pipe in the back just like a catback section.

If you want to return it to stock have a local shop make the one weld to your muffler for $30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferraiolo1

Reaction score

Op said he wanted a mellow sound. I’ve not heard a single catback that offers that since they delete your resonators.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
So you rather cut up a nice cat back and weld in another resonator adding more cost vs just cutting your Oem exhaust?

Cajun_

Reaction score
So you rather cut up a nice cat back and weld in another resonator adding more cost vs just cutting your Oem exhaust?

no some rams already come with the mid pipe resonator. it fits in the section of pipe thats just before where all the cat backs start. its all bolt on.

Users who are viewing this thread