5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram problems

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Bama, every new model has issues. Why don't you wait for the 20’s. Some of the 1st year production concerns will have been fixed. It doesn't sound like you will be happy with any 19’.

BLS65

Reaction score
Not sure why the sarcasm. Ive read reviews from several sites and its 65 percent bad, 25 percent good, and 10 percent in the middle. Thats concerning to me. I guess I'm wanting some reassurance that I'm getting a good truck and not junk like the reviews are suggesting.
Go to any other brands forums, Ford, GM, Harley Davidson, Indian.............You will see the same thing. Unhappy people tend to post more, happy people just go on with their day.

Dire Wolf

Reaction score
Love mine! 2500 miles and no issues so far. Recalls were done before delivery. AC is plenty cold on the 98 degree days.
Would I but it again? Absolutely! Traded in my 18 Ram 1500 Sport for the 19 North Edition.
And before that, traded in my Silverado...hated that thing!

Jknore

Reaction score
It might be good to review the delivery checklist:

My experience might be pretty typical. My a/c temperature output was awful (60-70deg in 100+deg outside temps) but fortunately there's a relatively easy DIY fix - it wouldn't hurt to bring a thermometer to test your a/c vent temperature output and get the sales and service departments involved early. I have an occasional metal on metal noise upon start-up that is apparently related to moderate to heavy brake pressure application and the parking pawl - a solution is light or no brake pedal application during start. The new 4C NAV Uconnect is lacking but if you don't have it you won't be able to remote start, etc. My bench center console didn't close without excessive force.

It all comes down to how good your deal is and does the pickup have everything you want. Mine was an incredible deal so I bit the bullet. No good deed goes unpunished. :)
I feel like mine isn’t that cold as well! I’ll grab a thermometer and test soon. What was your DIY fix?

beekay99

Reaction score
Happy owners don’t tend to post. True, just look at Glassdoor, even when someone posts positive they are accused of being management or company guys.

The irony is that this thread has lots of happy owners, who are posting under a thread called “2019 Ram problems” and contributing to the post count which some people out of context use to prove just how many unhappy posts there are.

I love my truck, and I switched from a King Ranch. I think there is some truth to the 1st gen production issues, my build date was July 2019 and it has been awesome! AC is fine in hot Virginia weather, it is slightly warmer than my Ford but I also have an all Black truck exterior and interior.

Previous poster said it best, I may not have bought my Ford had I been reading the forum back in the day. I didn’t read forums when I bought the Dodge, and whether it was the smart move, I’m so glad I didn’t read them, I literally find every reason to drive. My coworker who has a 2018 Silverado Likes his truck but it hasn’t blown his socks off. What do I tell him, 2019 Rams have all these issues? How do I know Silverados experience the same. I can only tell him I love my truck, by maybe wait for 2020 production issues to work themselves out, probably the most fair and non emotional advice I could give.

Users who are viewing this thread