5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram problems

Differia

Reaction score
I regret trading my 4th gen in for the 5th gen.
I would wait till Ram figures out the AC issue. Everyone who was posted temp readings shows a poor performance in AC. If you live in a hot area it's just not worth the hassle. Had I test drove the 5th gen in summertime or read reviews on the forum I would have never bought a 5th gen.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m 3000 miles in and loving the truck. Best truck I’ve ever had by far. No issues other than mediocre A/C, fixed that myself and blows cold now. Runs great, ride is great, tows great, love the features.

I went through the same doubts you’re having and finally just went for it. So glad I did.

Bama74

Reaction score
I’m 3000 miles in and loving the truck. Best truck I’ve ever had by far. No issues other than mediocre A/C, fixed that myself and blows cold now. Runs great, ride is great, tows great, love the features.

I went through the same doubts you’re having and finally just went for it. So glad I did.
what did you do to fix the a/c

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
Installed $10 valve in the heater hose. Search ‘air conditioning hack’ for all the info you ever wanted to know.

Are you kidding? That thread would take 3 days to read.

“Ain’t nobody got time for that!”

Jk

Rick J

Reaction score
I've test drove 2 and loved both of them. I had intentions of buying the last one until i found out it had the 6'4 bed. So the only one they could find like the one i drove was in Tennessee. I just wanted to see what everyone else was saying about them and its overwhelmingly bad. since I havent completed the paper work I was thinking about backing out. Gas mileage not right, ac not cold, engine shutting down, transmission problems, leaking cabins, the list goes on and on. I currently own a 2018 f150 eco boost like the power and fuel economy but just a cheap truck.
Don't buy the truck. If you do and then have problems you'll kick yourself for not listening to the OVERWHELMINGLY bad reviews. But, don't read a forum on any other truck you decide to buy or you'd be in the same boat. I'm guessing you never read the Ford forums before buying your F150 or you wouldn't have bought it either.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/2019-owners-only-any-issues-so-far-438455/ This thread starts with wanting to know if all the problems on the 2018 F150 (like yours) have been fixed. Based upon the replies, I guess not.

I don't want to jinx myself but I took delivery the end of April on my special order Limited and have not has a single problem, including the air conditioning.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I bought a brand new, first year redesign of the F150 in 2015. No problems except for a minor emissions light which turned out to be smog sensor in the gas tank. Otherwise the truck was flawless for 4 years.

I jumped back in and bought another first year design, my 2019 RAM Rebel. I only got 1,000 miles on it, but it's been flawless and no issues. I was a little worried because I got on this forum before I bought it, which I honestly didn't do with the F150. I'm sure it had a similar rate of issues as well.

I will say it has exceeded all my expectations, fit & finish is excellent, the quality and sturdiness is there, not just a pretty face but backed up with real quality. It's still early of course with this truck, but I have been very happy with it.

Just note, I consider myself a true-blue Ford guy. I had F150s all my life and loved them, I only bought the RAM because I fell in love with the red Rebel and it's the best truck currently on the market. Factor in the amazing deal I got in June, and I had not choice but to make the switch, and so happy for it! This doesn't mean I won't go back to Ford, but I buy the best on the market and this is it.

@733

Reaction score
7 months, now almost 14,000 miles, and no issues. I like the truck more each day that I drive it. I spend a lot of time on the road, so I tested all the other brands out there and got the RAM because of the creature comforts. Averaging over 19 MPG. With gas mileage like that, a 5.7 for power, and the nicest interior on the market, let's just say that I am "comfortable" with my decision.

Picture is from a couple weeks ago, with a bonus odometer reading. Oh, and I wasn't driving when I took the picture -- I was sitting in a wide open parking lot, roasting the tires. ;)

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 51

Bowtechbob

Reaction score
I love mine. I've had no issues that cause me to regret my purchase. I think there's a lot of nit picking that goes on here, but truth of the matter is no truck will be perfect. Granted some folks have had some issues, but that's what warranties are for in my opinion. 3200K miles just got back from a 900 mile trip with not complaints.

Bama74

Reaction score
Don't buy the truck. If you do and then have problems you'll kick yourself for not listening to the OVERWHELMINGLY bad reviews. But, don't read a forum on any other truck you decide to buy or you'd be in the same boat. I'm guessing you never read the Ford forums before buying your F150 or you wouldn't have bought it either.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/2019-owners-only-any-issues-so-far-438455/ This thread starts with wanting to know if all the problems on the 2018 F150 (like yours) have been fixed. Based upon the replies, I guess not.

I don't want to jinx myself but I took delivery the end of April on my special order Limited and have not has a single problem, including the air conditioning.
I didnt get on the ford forums before I got it. My brother had one and loves it, so I ended up getting one. I have went and looked at the f150 forums and your right I may not have got it if I woulld have looked their first. Thanks for all the input.

RAM#2

Reaction score
While I might be late to the game on this thread….

My reasoning for being a Dodge/Ram Truck Loyalist is somewhat different than most due to the results of my literarily flipping (head over heals) one while doing 60, riding upside down on the roof, and walking away without ANY ISSUES to include ZERO bumps or Bruises - I will profess/confess now that this was more a God Thing than a Dodge/Ram thing. As you will see by my signature I currently have 2 RAMs a 2013 w/ 230K+ miles and a 2019 w/ 7.5K miles.

My new RAM has a few of the "issues" that are quite prevalent on this forum but I LOVE IT and truly believe that in 6 years it too will have 230K+ miles on it and it will still look just as good as it did the day that I bought her AND will run just as good as she currently does now. The issues that the VAST MAJORITY of us are having are due to the 1st Model Year build and are for the most part being addressed by our respective dealers.

A common thought from my many years in the USN was that a Bitching Sailor was a Happy Sailor and I think that this same train of thought applies here on the Forum. This of course is my humble opinion.

Cptcoolie

Reaction score
I purchased a new 2019 Ram laramie this past thursday. They had to get it from Tennessee and im in Alabama. Ive been reading alot of reviews and they have me scared to death.. Im thinking about not taking the truck when i go in to get it tomorrow. I know all of yall are proud of your trucks but I would like some honesty before I make this huge decission. Thanks
Good luck to you on your quest!

I love my Ram and haven't had any problems except when I was getting the tonneau cover (that I negotiated with the dealer) ordered and installed. Once that 3 trip issue was resolved, it has all be Great!

The A/C get's too cold for me, I keep it on 71-72 with the blower usually on 3 (5 when I first get into it when it is hot) Now, here in VA we only got into the 100's about a week or two this summer but average in the 90's...so maybe it would be different if I was in Arizona.

I read about many of the issues some of the poor souls on this forum have had to deal with. Fortunately, I haven't had those issues...or I am not mechanically smart enough to notice some of the more technical/subtle issues ...lol

I only have 2k on my Ram, and I haven't towed my travel trailer yet... but so far, I love my Ram and I try to find excuses to drive it...lol

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ALWAYS take the long way home. Absolutely love it. I’ve had it 10 months, 10,500 miles.

Reaction score
There is a huge majority of people who love their truck but never go on forums or online and post about their experience. I cant vouch for everyone, but I can tell you my own experience. This is the best car I’ve ever owned. I purchased it in February and still to this day I’m excited to drive it every time I get in the car. I have a 2019 1500 Laramie longhorn 4x4 and absolutely love it. I get so many compliments and It’s just a fantastic car to drive. My only issue that I had with it was the breaks squealing at 3k miles. The dealership installed new brake pads that have fixed the issue. No other issues other than that. It’s a fantastic truck and dont let other peoples horror stories or their opinions sway you out of a decision you already made. You bought it for a reason. GET PUMPED. I bought mine 5 months ago and I try to take the long way home every day.

Reduxalicious

Reaction score
10 Months 13,500 miles.
Zero problems.

Live in Houston and my A/C works great as well (again i have a quad cab though)

Keep in mind I have a quad cab and only a level 1 tech package so not a whole lot TO GO wrong.

Last edited:

1guyandtools

Reaction score
I purchased a new 2019 Ram laramie this past thursday. They had to get it from Tennessee and im in Alabama. Ive been reading alot of reviews and they have me scared to death.. Im thinking about not taking the truck when i go in to get it tomorrow. I know all of yall are proud of your trucks but I would like some honesty before I make this huge decission. Thanks
I have 6500 miles on my Longhorn and NO issues. Its loaded up with everything. I absolutely love this truck. I never really bragged about a vehicle before but I cannot stop talking about how cool this truck is. I have been a GM guy for 40 years and I am so glad I gave the RAM a whirl.

Attachments

• 20190703_213152.jpg
    20190703_213152.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 20190303_192048.jpg
    20190303_192048.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 27

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would advise the original poster that the rule in basic statistics is negative reports will always be disproportional to positive reports. There is a human tendency to be negative or concentrate on the negative in self-reporting surveys, and those with good or positive experiences are less motivated to comment and are generally under reported.

When I ordered my DT I expected the increased possibility of issues since the 5th gens are completely new designs assembled in a new plant with completely new tooling and new plant assembly staff. I've had some issues and almost all were cosmetic. My dealer has addressed every one without any problems, and later builds seem to have the corrections.

Since I have now been in the most recent examples of Ram's competition, I can say with confidence that I would repeat my purchase of the Ram over the others. And I might add that the owners of the F-150 and Silverados that I've been in have found mechanical issues and things to complain about as well.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 019214 miles.

P.S. My air condition is too cold, according to my passengers.

Users who are viewing this thread