5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram problems

Bama74

Reaction score
I purchased a new 2019 Ram laramie this past thursday. They had to get it from Tennessee and im in Alabama. Ive been reading alot of reviews and they have me scared to death.. Im thinking about not taking the truck when i go in to get it tomorrow. I know all of yall are proud of your trucks but I would like some honesty before I make this huge decission. Thanks

BLS65

Reaction score
I purchased my Laramie June 2 and have 3,500 miles on the clock so far with zero issues. I did take it in for the Airbag recall and it took all of 30 minutes in and out for the reflash. I traded my 2013 F-150 on this truck and absolutely love it. These forums are helpful but you can develop paralysis by analysis , people with issues will always post more than people who are satisfied with their truck. As you read through the threads remember that Ram has sold well over 300 thousand of the 5th. gen 1500 to date.

cra1g

Reaction score
Only 3 months/3k miles, but mine is perfect.
I'd say test drive yours, look for any of the issues people have reported, and decide from there.

ldoh

Reaction score
It might be good to review the delivery checklist:

My experience might be pretty typical. My a/c temperature output was awful (60-70deg in 100+deg outside temps) but fortunately there's a relatively easy DIY fix - it wouldn't hurt to bring a thermometer to test your a/c vent temperature output and get the sales and service departments involved early. I have an occasional metal on metal noise upon start-up that is apparently related to moderate to heavy brake pressure application and the parking pawl - a solution is light or no brake pedal application during start. The new 4C NAV Uconnect is lacking but if you don't have it you won't be able to remote start, etc. My bench center console didn't close without excessive force.

It all comes down to how good your deal is and does the pickup have everything you want. Mine was an incredible deal so I bit the bullet. No good deed goes unpunished. :)

Bama74

Reaction score
Only 3 months/3k miles, but mine is perfect.
I'd say test drive yours, look for any of the issues people have reported, and decide from there.
I've test drove 2 and loved both of them. I had intentions of buying the last one until i found out it had the 6'4 bed. So the only one they could find like the one i drove was in Tennessee. I just wanted to see what everyone else was saying about them and its overwhelmingly bad. since I havent completed the paper work I was thinking about backing out. Gas mileage not right, ac not cold, engine shutting down, transmission problems, leaking cabins, the list goes on and on. I currently own a 2018 f150 eco boost like the power and fuel economy but just a cheap truck.

JRadford43

Reaction score
I've had issues with mine but I wouldn't say you shouldn't purchase the truck or should due to the issues you are reading. I would say that the new purchase will be a risk especially since some issues seem to be a large amount of people.

Check for imperfections in build quality: door alignment, interior imperfections, paint.

Starting and driving the truck: -Start and turn off the truck a few times, see if everything sounds consistent or if you hear any irregular sounds. Thunking noises, etc.
-Take it on the interstate and cruise for a bit, see if MDS is effeciently kicking on and off or if it makes noises. Cruise at 70+ and see how wind passes through the truck to ensure it sounds clean.
-Make some sharper turns and see if you hear any knocking noises, or feel anything irregular.

If everything checks out then you are at least checking off any irregular variables before making your purchase.

I do love my truck, and I hate that I'm having some problems. I do wish that a truck this expensive didn't have issues that you think would be controlled in this day in age. But I guess with quality in looks with the truck they maybe sacrificed in quality control on the production line to save costs.

spaightlabs

Reaction score
I've test drove 2 and loved both of them. I had intentions of buying the last one until i found out it had the 6'4 bed. So the only one they could find like the one i drove was in Tennessee. I just wanted to see what everyone else was saying about them and its overwhelmingly bad. since I havent completed the paper work I was thinking about backing out. Gas mileage not right, ac not cold, engine shutting down, transmission problems, leaking cabins, the list goes on and on. I currently own a 2018 f150 eco boost like the power and fuel economy but just a cheap truck.

EVERYONE else is saying overwhelmingly bad things?

Man, I wish Is woulda known before I bought mine.

EVERYONE? OVERWHELMINGLY BAD?

CRAP!!!

Anyone want a deal on a Laramie Sport with ORP? :ROFLMAO:

C'mon man.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m one of the lucky ones who’ve had a bunch of issues, but I still love my truck and wouldn’t trade it for any other truck on the road.

Bama74

Reaction score
It might be good to review the delivery checklist:

My experience might be pretty typical. My a/c temperature output was awful (60-70deg in 100+deg outside temps) but fortunately there's a relatively easy DIY fix - it wouldn't hurt to bring a thermometer to test your a/c vent temperature output and get the sales and service departments involved early. I have an occasional metal on metal noise upon start-up that is apparently related to moderate to heavy brake pressure application and the parking pawl - a solution is light or no brake pedal application during start. The new 4C NAV Uconnect is lacking but if you don't have it you won't be able to remote start, etc. My bench center console didn't close without excessive force.

It all comes down to how good your deal is and does the pickup have everything you want. Mine was an incredible deal so I bit the bullet. No good deed goes unpunished. :)
I think Im getting a good deal but how do you know for sure. I'm giving my 18 f150 xl 4x4 with 38000 miles and 21500 for a 19 Ram laramie 4x4 with the customer prefered package 25h silver billet color, black leather 5.7 hemi. Both are crew cabs. Lot of money just to have alot of potential problems when I havent had any out of the ford. I do love the ride of the Ram and the looks plus that big screen.

Bama74

Reaction score
EVERYONE else is saying overwhelmingly bad things?

Man, I wish Is woulda known before I bought mine.

EVERYONE? OVERWHELMINGLY BAD?

CRAP!!!

Anyone want a deal on a Laramie Sport with ORP? :ROFLMAO:

C'mon man.
Not sure why the sarcasm. Ive read reviews from several sites and its 65 percent bad, 25 percent good, and 10 percent in the middle. Thats concerning to me. I guess I'm wanting some reassurance that I'm getting a good truck and not junk like the reviews are suggesting.

Blueraptor

Reaction score
I started having issues with the Uconnect 12 system almost immediately. I got about 1800 miles on it now just over 2 months later and the backup camera only works when it wants to. It's a nice truck when everything is working but I don't know if I would still trade in my Ford if I could do it over.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Got my LoneStar just before Christmas. Rolled 6700 miles yesterday.

I can't say that my truck has been problem free, but the problems have been inconveniences.

Some try to claim that every one of these trucks have bad AC, but my AC is fine. (Warm at idle, just like my last few vehicles), but cold when driving.

Promlems:
8.4 (non-nav)
USB starts on the same song everytime (in stead of where it stopped last time)
Won't keep speed dial settings (voice dial works fine).

Park Assist:
Randomly slams on the brakes when backing up.

While I would really like to have these issues fixed, I would buy it again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my USB starting at the same song each time. I had my radio updated at the dealer. Problem solved.

Also, my AC works fine. It’s definitely not the best Ive ever had, but it’s not that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread