5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Limited Headlight conversion

2019blackout

Reaction score
So I have a 2019 big horn and I heard I can upgrade to the limited and longhorn headlights as long as I have the wire harness and the grille from the longhorn. Anybody can confirm or deny this?

SOWARDCUSTOMS

Reaction score
Honest i just want to covert my laramie LED lights to limited lights, i think pretty much just the trim parts , and the filler pieces the fascias
The trim pieces and grille are different configuration. I you had a Lonestar and wanted Laramie lights you just change the headlights. If you want Limited headlights you have to change it all up they have different lines the Limited headlight housings are smaller..

Switch22

Reaction score
I'm new to the Ram world and have a Laramie Sport on order now. It just went into the "Scheduled for production" stage on the 15th. Can someone tell me what the difference is between the Laramie and Limited headlights other than reflector versus projector? Is there a difference in light pattern? The projector LEDs on my wife's 4-Runner are awful, with a horizontal line that caps the depth of vision down the road at night where you can barely see down the road in front of you. It's already been adjusted by the dealer, too. Hope the Laramie lights aren't like that. Should have road tested at night.

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
There are 3 basic styles of headlights: 1. standard (Big Horn, LoneStar, et al); 2. Laramie; and 3. Limited/Longhorn (LED Projectors) - there are other models/trim levels that come with each headlight configuration either as standard or optional.

Standard and Laramie headlights fit the same grille shape, whereas the Limited/Longhorn have a different shape along with grille configuration. Limited/Longhorn projector LEDs also have the ability for the low beams (outboard set) to track with the steering. Notice the differences in the pics below:

1. BigHorn (standard style headlights):
3964895d1612301361-mister-4x4-s-swamper-snyper-heart-transplant-project-trailer.jpg

Laramie:
2021_ram_1500-pic-4055560907355589631-1024x768.jpeg

Limited/Longhorn:
cu-0.jpg

There are more subtle differences to be noted, I'm sure. Hope this helps.

Switch22

Reaction score
There are 3 basic styles of headlights: 1. standard (Big Horn, LoneStar, et al); 2. Laramie; and 3. Limited/Longhorn (LED Projectors) - there are other models/trim levels that come with each headlight configuration either as standard or optional.

Standard and Laramie headlights fit the same grille shape, whereas the Limited/Longhorn have a different shape along with grille configuration. Limited/Longhorn projector LEDs also have the ability for the low beams (outboard set) to track with the steering. Notice the differences in the pics below:

1. BigHorn (standard style headlights):
3964895d1612301361-mister-4x4-s-swamper-snyper-heart-transplant-project-trailer.jpg

Laramie:
View attachment 132516

Limited/Longhorn:
View attachment 132517

There are more subtle differences to be noted, I'm sure. Hope this helps.

Switch22

Reaction score
I appreciate the insight. I'm more interested in nighttime visibility with the Laramie lights versus the Limited. I'm in SE PA, and with the projectors in the 4-Runner, I almost have to crawl along country roads at night, the visibility is so poor. On flat roads, I can see barely a couple car lengths down the road at night, on hilly or curvy roads, forget about it. Can's see squat. Pathetic. Sure don't want a similar experience with the Ram.

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Ah, gotcha.

The bottom one is my truck and the LED projectors are absolute white light that seems to go on forever - at least 70-80 yards out with a the top edge of light falling just short of where it would blind oncoming drivers. The high beams throw a bit more light further down the road focused more toward the center of the pattern and bit higher than the low beam upper edge, allowing things be seen further down the road, but at the expense of some of the peripheral light on either side (especially when the driving lights cut-off). at the top of a small hill, the low beams illuminate as far out as 3/16ths of a mile (estimation, with the fidelity dropping off further out... but, still able to make out some things), and the high beams possibly out to 1/4 mile, same degradation toward the further reaches. There's plenty of light to be had.

Turning the wheels while in motion has the low beam light on the inside of the turn veering into the turn slightly - it's not super noticeable, but does help a bit. When the high beams are on, the driving light on the inside of the turn comes on until the turn is completed, then shuts off again. I would imagine all model equipped with driving lights do the same.

The top pic is my buddy's BigHorn and throws quite a bit of light, considering they're pretty much H4 bulbs. I can't attest for the distance of other configurations, though.

Hope that helps!

Switch22

Reaction score
Ah, gotcha.

The bottom one is my truck and the LED projectors are absolute white light that seems to go on forever - at least 70-80 yards out with a the top edge of light falling just short of where it would blind oncoming drivers. The high beams throw a bit more light further down the road focused more toward the center of the pattern and bit higher than the low beam upper edge, allowing things be seen further down the road, but at the expense of some of the peripheral light on either side (especially when the driving lights cut-off). at the top of a small hill, the low beams illuminate as far out as 3/16ths of a mile (estimation, with the fidelity dropping off further out... but, still able to make out some things), and the high beams possibly out to 1/4 mile, same degradation toward the further reaches. There's plenty of light to be had.

Turning the wheels while in motion has the low beam light on the inside of the turn veering into the turn slightly - it's not super noticeable, but does help a bit. When the high beams are on, the driving light on the inside of the turn comes on until the turn is completed, then shuts off again. I would imagine all model equipped with driving lights do the same.

The top pic is my buddy's BigHorn and throws quite a bit of light, considering they're pretty much H4 bulbs. I can't attest for the distance of other configurations, though.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the overview. I'll just have to wait and see what the Laramie lights are like when my truck arrives. Not dark enough when dealers close to see light pattern from an inventory truck.

beydoun

Reaction score
The trim pieces and grille are different configuration. I you had a Lonestar and wanted Laramie lights you just change the headlights. If you want Limited headlights you have to change it all up they have different lines the Limited headlight housings are smaller..
hey, were the limited lights plug-and-play? and did you end up getting the adaptive module?

raygun9

Reaction score
Wish I could get the limited lights on a rebel but it would be more than just a grill Id need a whole new bumper too.

darkangel09

Reaction score
Would anybody who has done it have a complete part list for the conversion?
I have the mid range LED on my Laramie and want to upgrade to the limited.
Do I just need an adapter or do I need an entire new harness for the lights?
Where have people had luck sourcing the Limited headlights

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Would anybody who has done it have a complete part list for the conversion?
I have the mid range LED on my Laramie and want to upgrade to the limited.
Do I just need an adapter or do I need an entire new harness for the lights?
Where have people had luck sourcing the Limited headlights
Everything that's needed is already mentioned in this thread. Please re-read this thread from the beginning for what is needed. It's only two pages.

denestozser

Reaction score
Hi! I bought the car in the picture! I would like to replace the halogen headlights with Laremi LED ! Am I right in thinking that with Laremi LED lights I only need the bulb and a custom cable?
37A3E72C-F5CA-46D5-8940-697CE2BD7E3A.jpeg

Tad330

Reaction score
How much of a difference in light output is there between the Laramie LED reflectors vs Limited LED projectors? I have 23 Rebel and the reflectors are pretty darn bright.

FLEX89

Reaction score
Does anyone have the part number for the trim pieces under the headlights that are needed for the limited conversion ?

Georgf

Reaction score
Does anyone have the part number for the trim pieces under the headlights that are needed for the limited conversion ?
If you want swap from Bighorn/Laramie to Limited you will need also new Grille, some trim parts and Fender flares…

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
If improved light output is the desired outcome, has anyone looked at the Morimoto LED Projectors? I know they are pricy but so are all the OEM parts.
Maybe not cheaper but they could be much simpler and functionally better than the Limited OEM Projectors.

Last edited:

Wirerat

Reaction score
You don't need fender flares.
The painted filler panel below the limitied/Longhorn headlight is different. It has holes for flares that would be visible without them.

You don't have to add flares but the holes will need to be addressed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231007_131705_Samsung Internet Beta.png
    Screenshot_20231007_131705_Samsung Internet Beta.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread