5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram limited cash offer worth it to sell?

Ramher69

Reaction score
So I have a black 2019 ram limited. 22 inch wheels. Mostly all the features with 50k miles on it. New tires around 35k that's about it for add ons. I did get in a fender bender in my first year with it so there is slight body damage. There's a small indent on the rear passenger side door connecting to the bed and then your normal small scratches on the truck as well. I believe I paid roughly 51 to 52k for it.

I leased and my lease is now over. I am well over miles and with the damage it would not be worth turning it in. Residual is 36k but with taxes and everything would be 39k to buy it out. Have not brought it to a deal to see what it's worth but by buddy is asking if he could buy it from me offering 44k. So in the end would make 5k technically since residual is 39k.

Do you guys think that's a good deal or should I go bring it to a dealer and see what they would offer.

I ride a motorcycle during summer so would prob sell it then pick up a new ram in fall or winter.

Thanks!

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Sell it to your buddy if he brings full payment. Make sure he knows everything about the truck. Don't think your going to get a better offer from a dealer but you can fill out a request at carvana, vroom and others. Gas at $4+ is dinging prices on trucks in general.

Ramher69

Reaction score
Sell it to your buddy if he brings full payment. Make sure he knows everything about the truck. Don't think your going to get a better offer from a dealer but you can fill out a request at carvana, vroom and others. Gas at $4+ is dinging prices on trucks in general.
Yea he said he would write check for 39k buying it out then 5k cash for me

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Ive got the same basic truck with a few less miles (42k), but no wrecks, damage, etc.

I was getting trade in/buy it now offers in the low $50k range from my local dealer, and other entities like Vroom/Carvana/Etc when I would check. That was from late last year through a few weeks ago.

Now those offers seem to be dipping a lot, most in the mid-high $40k range now. Must be gas prices, as mentioned above.

With all that said, I think its a great deal for you both. You make $5k, and your buddy gets a fair price on a truck he is familiar with and is understanding of the condition.

I think a dealer or any other buyer for resale will be very critical of the damage and it might ding you as much as 10% on the value dropping you into the low $40k range.

Good luck!

Ramher69

Reaction score
Ive got the same basic truck with a few less miles (42k), but no wrecks, damage, etc.

I was getting trade in/buy it now offers in the low $50k range from my local dealer, and other entities like Vroom/Carvana/Etc when I would check. That was from late last year through a few weeks ago.

Now those offers seem to be dipping a lot, most in the mid-high $40k range now. Must be gas prices, as mentioned above.

With all that said, I think its a great deal for you both. You make $5k, and your buddy gets a fair price on a truck he is familiar with and is understanding of the condition.

I think a dealer or any other buyer for resale will be very critical of the damage and it might ding you as much as 10% on the value dropping you into the low $40k range.

Good luck!
True just doing the kelley blue book with the damge put me at 41k. So not sure if they'd go much higher than 44k. And I'm helping my buddy out so in the end a couple grand isn't the end if the world

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Plug it into carvana and the other buy back apps. They are paying way above kbb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Plug it into carvana and the other buy back apps. They are paying way above kbb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, try carvanna/vroom/autonation/carmax or whatever other places like that around you. You can get quotes online in minutes that last for a week and then you could run them again. When we sold my truck and wifes car last spring/fall, I did quotes every week or two with each of those 4 dealers and they kept increasing over the 2 months I did it until we sold. I'm sure that could certainly be different now as others have noted, but it's quick and easy enough to see if any of them will give you more.

Users who are viewing this thread